Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discovery Tools.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Discovery Tools. Post 302914353 by gull04 on Monday 25th of August 2014 07:03:44 AM
Old 08-25-2014
Hi Night Watcher,

Thanks, I have used nmap several times in the past and do actually have it installed on a machine here - I wasn't aware of the GUI for it so thanks for that. It should save some time on the learning curveSmilie

Regards

Dave

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk discovery

when I "ls /dev/dsk/ ", I can see c0t0d0 and c0t2d0; but when I use format command, I can only see c0t0d0 available; why this happens? how many disk do I have on the machine? (I do not know that) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

host discovery using bash

I am trying to make a bash script to scan subnets to see what hosts are available. Is it correct that you can not make the ping command time out less than a second? The script below works, but can take up to 255 seconds which is a bit long :( Is there a way to solve this using bash only? <code>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Topology Discovery

Hello All! New Unix admin here, with a bit of a problem I can't seem to get a straight answer to.. I've been tasked with mapping out the topology (with IPs/Hostnames) of networks...remotely. So, I have SSH access to firewalls, but that's about as far as I can get - how would I go about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiyugro
4 Replies

4. AIX

Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR). And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC. Thanks in advance. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

5. AIX

Discovery/Mount new disk

Hi all, i must add a new disk on a LPAR. I've done all the HMC and VIOS Procedure to create a virtual host with disk and assign it to lpar. I don't remember how i must do on the lpar to see this disk. (i use lvm not veritas). Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Iscsi Discovery no Portal found

Installed the iscsi target and configured its working fine While i'm running command in initiator # iscsiadm --mode discoverydb --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.1.5 --discover iscsiadm: No portals found i cant find the LUN1 , its not discovering it what may be the issue and how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)					     MIT X11R4						  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

Name
       XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings

Syntax
       int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap)
	  Display *display;
	  unsigned char map[];
	  int nmap;

int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap)
	  Display *display;
	  unsigned char map_return[];
	  int nmap;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

map	 Specifies the mapping list.

map_return
		 Returns the mapping list.

nmap	 Specifies the number of items in the mapping list.

Description
       The function sets the mapping of the pointer.  If it succeeds, the X server generates a event, and returns Element map[i] defines the logi-
       cal button number for the physical button i+1.  The length of the list must be the same as would return, or a error results.  A zero ele-
       ment disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons.  However, no two elements can have the
       same nonzero value, or a error results.	If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, returns and the mapping is
       not changed.

can generate a error.

The function returns the current mapping of the pointer.  Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one.  returns the number of physical
       buttons actually on the pointer.  The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1.  The nmap argument specifies the length of the array
       where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return.

Diagnostics
       Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

See Also
       XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XSetPointerMapping(3X11)