Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select answers from multiple questions using shell script Post 302914290 by zorrox on Sunday 24th of August 2014 10:28:49 AM
Old 08-24-2014
Thank you very much again sir. It is working fine now. However, when one answer has multiple lines, for example:

Code:
A. [edit schedulers] 
user@host# show 
scheduler no-weekends { 
daily all-day; 
sunday exclude; 
saturday exclude; 
}

the script output is only the first line:

Code:
A. [edit schedulers]

How can I show the entire lines for that answer?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am preparing for interview .Kindly can anybody send me Solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Homework questions, book is lacking answers?

Hey you guys, There's a couple questions I cannot find the answers to anywhere in this book for my Operating Systems class, hopefully you guys could help. I believe we are in the Bourne shell. 1. Match each description to the appropriate type of variable Used in shell programs ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
7 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Eric's Questions and Answers Blog

I hope this is ok so I will ask if I may use this thread to ask questions about programming. May I use this thread to ask questions and answer questions? If the answer is yes, this is a thread made for minimizing the amount of threads I post to ask questions about programming. Please feel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to give multiple choices and a varying number of answers

Hello everybody, I use `case' quite a lot but , excellent as it is , it only gives one final result ; can anyone suggest a way whereas , say long lists of choices are given and I , or a user could select either one two or any number of results to be echoed . many thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: V686
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM

Here are some answers to some of the recent questions I have received about UNIX.COM. So, I thought I would take time to answer them here in this post: Is it expected that the original poster "thank" everyone who responds to his / her discussion thread? It is always a good practice in all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD