Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script? Post 302913897 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 03:17:48 PM
Old 08-20-2014
If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, try changing the line:
Code:
@users.sql

in output.sh to:
Code:
$(cat users.sql)

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use parameter in sql script pass from unix script?

Hi, I am unable to use parameter in sql script passed from unix script. my sql script CREATE_SBI_LIST_GROUP.sql is like this - ------------------------------- SELECT SDS.ID "SO_ID", SDS.SO a1, sgp.sga__code SGA_CODE, FROM sga sga,sales_genl_provision sgp , comm_product_condn cpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

6. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of Oracle pl/sql in UNIX shell script

Hi, I have basic knowledge on how to write pl/sql code inside shell script. I am looking for more advance thing. Is there any book for that which can just talk about how to write more advance plsql code inside shell script. Please help Thanks!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)