Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Syntax error in one line in sudoer file cause total failure Post 302913753 by programAngel on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 04:04:11 PM
Old 08-19-2014
Bug Syntax error in one line in sudoer file cause total failure

I have notice that when I create a sudoer file in the sudoer.d directory, then if I have a syntax error, I cannot do sudo at all, in all accounts.

Why can't they change the mechanism, so it will ignore syntax error line and will only display error message but won't cause total failure and prevent anyone from doing sudo?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, i am installing glut-3.5 using that ./mkmkfiles.imake its showing an error msg as root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# ./mkmkfiles.imake ./mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# actually there are 49 lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected

Hi, I'm having a syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected. However, i didn't make any changes on line 752. I just inserted a new code in an existing program. Can anyone please check if there is something wrong with my code: if then lline=`tail -5 $badfile` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chryz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

./TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh: line 54: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi All , My below script is for chacking vaule and then trucating table : ___________ test4@aceuatcs04:/u01/test4/SOLID/Testscript>cat TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh #-------------------------------------------------------------------- # Created by:Kaushlesh Yadav # Generated on: 15/07/2010 # Job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushelsh168
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF Usage - line 56: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Below is a test script I'm writing in the process of learning to write script. When I try to run it I get an unexpected end of file error on line 56. Thoughts? SCRIPT: #!/bin/bash # system_page - A script to produce a system information HTML file ##### Constants TITLE="My System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpercy725
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, We have installed linux6(RHEL) OS and installed datastage application on that. First time installation worked fine and our all services related to datastage was up and running. When we stopped the datastage and restarted its giving below error while restart:- ./uv -admin -start DataStage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)