Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3 Post 302913230 by bakunin on Thursday 14th of August 2014 04:22:08 PM
Old 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierfek
I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command.
Code:
# chfs -a size=+500m /page

You were on the right track but went astray on the last centimetre: use a "M" (not "m") as the unit!

Code:
# chfs -a size=+500M /page

Y'know, UNIX is case-sensitive... :-)

If you omit any unit as you did in your last attempt, the number you give is interpreted as disk blocks (512 bytes).

Notice that every LV has a maximum number of LPs which you might hit when increasing the FS. You can simply increase this limit with the chlv command, but i suggest you use SMIT for this. It does the same and will guide you through the process.

For complete control over the process (which is not necessary any more in most cases nowadays), you may want to consult this little how-to.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reason for continuously increase filesystem size?

Hi my file system size /hd4 is keep on increasing continuously , i tried all the performance related command to identify which process is currently running........ for every minute my FS(/hd4) size is increasing ?what could be the problem? how to diagnose it ? is there any specific command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

4. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP. what is the difference between normal chfs command and increase the filesystem size in HACMP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

7. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

10. AIX

Increase filesystem and or logical volume

Hi all, Do i need to increase the logical volume each time i increase the filesystem? or is enough to increase the filesystem and the logical volume get increase automatically? extendlv hd4 1 chfs -a size=2G /tmp or just chfs -a size=2G /tmp Code tags! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)