Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Way to find source of a kill -9 in Solaris Post 302912765 by achenle on Monday 11th of August 2014 07:32:12 PM
Old 08-11-2014
See this:

https://wikis.oracle.com/display/DTrace/proc+Provider

Probably something like this:

Code:
proc:::signal_send
/ args[ 1 ]->pr_fname == "YourAppBinaryNameHere" /
{
    printf( "%s PID %d from %d is sending signal %d to app\n",
        execname, pid, uid, args[ 2 ] );
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill scripts under Solaris

I should know this, but do K scripts in the /etc/rc?.d directories get run in numerically ascending or descending order? By default there are none in rc3.d. Is it OK to put 2 in there, and will they be run first (which is my goal). Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to kill find with kill -9

Hello everyone I am using HP Ux and had run a find command. Now I am trying to kill it with kill or kill -9 but it is not getting killed and still running. Any clues ? Thanks Sidhu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to kill threads in solaris

Any idea how to kill threads (not processes) in solaris? I had checked the man pages for both kill and pkill to no avail. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
9 Replies

4. AIX

How to find out and kill all processes for a user?

Hi! We are using AIX 5.3. Can anyone please guide me to find out all the running processes for a specific user, say ' admin' and also kill them by force. Thanks! atech (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and source directories

Hi, How can i find the types of files in some directory(~/mydir) that start with word "fix" then followed by number 3, 4, 7 or 8 and end with .ccp or .in How can i find the total number of files that are larger than 5000 bytes in specific directory?, I can do it by current directory by using ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kim1980
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find a process by name and kill it

hi, Am a newbie to unix and wasnt able to write script to my requirement. I need a shell script, which should find a process by name and kill it. For eg: let the process name be "abc". I have different processes running by this name(abc), so should kill them all. Condition would be: if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the Pid and Kill the Process after a Few Minutes

hi guys i had written a shell script Display Information of all the File Systems i want to find the pid and kill the process after few minutes.how can i obtain the pid and kill it??? sample.sh df -a >> /tmp/size.log and my cron to execute every minute every hour every day * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: azherkn3
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Way to find source of a kill -9 in HP-UX

Hello Guys, Someone or, some tool has killed the application process with signal 9 (kill -9) . How to track that in HP-UX? On AIX we can use light-weight tool called ProbeVue to track it but not sure how to do it on HP-UX. Appreciate your help. Kelly Closed because this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
0 Replies

9. Linux

Find a process ID,kill it and restart agent

#!/bin/bash #This shell finds the pid of the hawkagent and kills and restarts to put the rulebase into effect output=`ps aux|grep hawkagent` #The set -- below helps to parse the above ps output into words and $2 gives the 2nd word which is pid set -- $output pid=$2 #Checks if pid of hawkagent... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris, grant user to kill another process

the task is grant user1 to kill another (for example user2) process. My steps: by root: usermod -P "Process Management" user1 login user1 user1@server (~) pfexec kill <PID> the result is: ksh: <PID>: not found or user1@server (~) pfexec pkill <PID> the result: nothing happens, still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsyberia
0 Replies
pridist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     pridist.d(1m)

NAME
pridist.d - process priority distribution. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
pridist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that samples at 1000 Hz which process is on the CPUs, and what the priority is. A distribution plot is printed. With priorities, the higher the priority the better chance the process (actually, thread) has of being scheduled. This idea came from the script /usr/demo/dtrace/profpri.d, which produces similar output for one particular PID. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # pridist.d FIELDS
CMD process name PID process ID value process priority count number of samples of at least this priority BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/profpri.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "profile Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
pridist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
dispadmin(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.90 Jun 13, 2005 pridist.d(1m)