Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to monitor size in directory Post 302912569 by Don Cragun on Saturday 9th of August 2014 04:45:18 PM
Old 08-09-2014
Your specification of 9000Mb is strange. Assuming that you mean 9Gb (as in 9*1024**3 bytes), try:
Code:
find /var/log /var/app /var/db -name '*.gmei*' -size +9G

If the version of find on your system doesn't accept -size +9G, try changing it to -size +9663676416c.

If you meant files with sizes greater than 9,000,000,000 bytes, try:
Code:
find /var/log /var/app /var/db -name '*.gmei*' -size +9000000000c

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitor jvm heap size

I'm running websphere 4.5 on AIX 5 with java 1.3 and would like to find out the following: How much memory is allocated to each JVM, and how much of the allocated heap size is actually being used by a specific JVM? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor directory

What is the best way for a script to run to monitor a directory for the presence of files and then perform a function afterwords? I was hoping to have it continually run and sleep until it detects that files are present in the directory, then break out of the loop and go on to the next step. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulinux
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitor size of file in realtime

How would one monitor the size of a file in realtime, then when it reaches a certain size (like 10megs), gzip, append timestamp to filename and scp to another box? regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
7 Replies

4. AIX

monitor directory events

I'm am looking for a cheap way to trigger a script when a new file is written in a specific directory. AIX 5.3. It is a production system, so no kernel patching (i.e. inotify). Filemon and audtiing are too expensive. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbillast
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
bt-monitor(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-monitor(1)

NAME
bt-monitor - a bluetooth monitor SYNOPSIS
bt-monitor [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to capture DBus signals of bluetoothd. Captured next signals: Manager signals: AdapterAdded AdapterRemoved DefaultAdapterChanged Adapter signals: DeviceCreated DeviceDisappeared DeviceFound DeviceRemoved AdapterPropertyChanged Device signals: DisconnectRequested DevicePropertyChanged Services signals: AudioServiceConnected InputServiceConnected NetworkServiceConnected OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to capture by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - all adapters captured) AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-16 bt-monitor(1)