Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine) Post 302912435 by RudiC on Friday 8th of August 2014 09:04:16 AM
Old 08-08-2014
What's the remote user's PATH on the remote machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[FTP]opying of file from remote to local machine

Hi All, i wannna copy a file from the remote machine to my local machine using FTP protocol. i have made a connection to the remote machine , then i used the "get" cmd to copy the remote file as below :-> ftp> get (remote-file) /home/aruba/opmtools/was50/Was5Install.doc (local-file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define local variable on remote machine ?

Hello, I'm executing many commands using ssh and I want to define local vars on remote machine to ease my work: ssh remote1 <<-heredoc1 cmd1 cmd2 ... heredoc1 This one obviously defines variable on local machine: ssh remote1 "x=10" This one returns: ssh remote1 "'x=10'" bash: x=10:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
RECON(1)							     LAM TOOLS								  RECON(1)

NAME
recon - Check if LAM can be started. SYNTAX
recon [-abdhv] [<bhost>] OPTIONS
-a Report all host errors. -b Assume local and remote shell are the same. This means that only one remote shell invocation is used to each node. If -b is not used, two remote shell invocations are used to each node. -d Turn on debugging. -h Print the command help menu. -v Be verbose. DESCRIPTION
In order for LAM to be started on a remote UNIX machine, several requirements have to be fulfilled: 1) The machine must be reachable via the network. 2) The user must be able to remotely execute on the machine with the default remote shell program that was chosen when LAM was config- ured. This is usually rsh(1), but any remote shell program is acceptable (such as ssh(1), etc.). Note that remote host permission must be configured such that the remote shell program will not ask for a password when a command is invoked on remote host. 3) The remote user's shell must have a search path that will locate LAM executables. 4) The remote shell's startup file must not print anything to standard error when invoked non-interactively. If any of these requirements is not met for any machine declared in <bhost>, LAM will not be able to start. By running recon first, the user will be able to quickly identify and correct problems in the setup that would inhibit LAM from starting. The local machine where recon is invoked must be one of the machines specified in <bhost>. The <bhost> file is a LAM boot schema written in the host file syntax. See bhost(5). Instead of the command line, a boot schema can be specified in the LAMBHOST environment variable. Otherwise a default file, bhost.def, is used. LAM seaches for <bhost> first in the local directory and then in the installation directory under etc/. recon tests each machine defined in <bhost> by attempting to execute on it the tkill(1) command using its "pretend" option (no action is taken). This test, if successful, indicates that all the requirements listed above are met, and thus LAM can be started on the machine. If the attempt is successful, the next machine is checked. In case the attempt fails, a descriptive error message is displayed and recon stops unless the -a option is used, in which case recon continues checking the remaining machines. If recon takes a long time to finish successfully, this will be a good indication to the user that the LAM system to be started has slow communication links or heavily loaded machines, and it might be preferable to exclude or replace some of the machines in the system. Remote shell invocation Note that the default remote shell command can be overriden at invocation time with the LAMRSH environment variable. The LAMRSH environ- ment variable can be set with a new command and optional command line arguments. For example, the 1.x series of ssh clients require the -x flag to be specified to suppress standard ssh information from being sent to the standard error (which would cause recon to fail). For example (for the C shell and its derrivates): setenv LAMRSH "ssh -x" Normally, recon uses two remote shell invocations to each node. The first remote shell invocation is used to determine the user's shell on the remote node. The second remote shell invocation is used to launch the desired LAM binary on the remote node. If the -b switch is used, recon will assume that the user's shell on all remote nodes is the same as it is on the local node, and therefore only one remote shell invocation is used, which is noticably faster. In either case, on remote nodes, if the user's shell is not csh, tcsh, or bash, .profile is invoked by LAM before invoking any LAM binary. This allows the user to setup paths and any necessary environment before LAM binaries are invoked (csh and tcsh users can put such setup in their $HOME/.cshrc or $HOME/.tcshrc files; bash users can put this setup in their $HOME/.bashrc file). FILES
$LAMHOME/etc/lam-bhost.def default boot schema file EXAMPLES
recon -v mynodes Check if LAM can be started on all the UNIX machines described in the boot schema mynodes. Report about important steps as they are done. recon -v -a Check if LAM can be started on all the UNIX machines described in the default boot schema. Report about important steps as they are done. Check all the machines; do not stop after the first error message. SEE ALSO
rsh(1), tkill(1), bhost(5), lamboot(1), wipe(1), lam-helpfile(5) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 RECON(1)