Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Multi-table iptables Question Post 302912080 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 03:50:58 PM
Old 08-05-2014
The information here may help make sense of it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multi-network question

Hi, I have a linux machine connected to 2 networks, with devices eth0 and eth1. When I give the command host whatever, how do I now which network is searched for the DNS's ? Is there a default ethernet device for network related commands ? How do I change it ? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mik
2 Replies

2. Programming

Question About Multi-Processed Applications... fork()

Assume we have an application built on *nix that uses fork()...then the processes procedure is going to act as follow: X is considered a parent process (first click on application) Y is considered a child process of X (second click on application) Z is considered a child process of Y (third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

routing table question

I have below routing table in linux kernel 2.6.9 # netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 10.155.24.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

DHCP Server on Vxworks multi interface question

Hi, We currently operate a DHCP Server on Vxworks system. It seems that the server is functioning only over the boot interface. While trying to use it on a different interface the DHCP client messages seems to reach the interface but stay without response. From a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zohara
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] No INPUT chain on nat table in iptables

Hello, I'm having problem with an iptables rule. It seems that on one of two systems on the nat table, the INPUT chain doesn't exist for some strange reason. I get the error below: # iptables -t nat -A INPUT -j ACCEPT iptables: No chain/target/match by that name. Here is my kernel on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xml multi parse question

awk -F "" '/<Id>|<id>|<Source>|<source>|<Accession>|<accession>|<TestName>|<testname>/ {print $2, $3}' OFS='\t' Test.xml The above code works great, but lets say I wanted the <Analyte> name (<Name>STAT3). The word <name> is unique so there will be multiple records pulled. Is there a way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Programming

Multi head/multi window hello world

I am trying to write a large X app. I have successfully modified my xorg.conf to setup 4 monitors on an NVIDIA Quatro5200. I am trying to modify a simple hello world application to open a window on three of the four monitors. depending on the changes to loop the window creation section and event... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: advorak
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)