Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need shell script to compare directories and delete files on target server Post 302911906 by SriniShoo on Monday 4th of August 2014 11:24:17 AM
Old 08-04-2014
what have you tried

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to delete directories...

Hi. I'm trying to write a script that will delete all directories found, that are not named as a "number" (year)... here is what i mean, let's say i have within /data/exports the following directories: /data/exports/2000 /data/exports/2001 /data/exports/2002 /data/exports/daily/2000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to delete directories...

*Just realized that i posted this in the wrong forum. should have been in Shell, though it is on AIX... Hi. I'm trying to write a script that will delete all directories found, that are not named as a "number" (year)... here is what i mean, let's say i have within /data/exports the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop directories mv files to target in range

Hello, Currently I have a painstaking process that I use to move file for a monthly archive. I have to run the same two commands for 24 different directories. I wish to have a script with a for loop automate this and I have not been able to succeed. Here is what I do 24 times. I know this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete specific files - from different target folder

Hi, I need to use rsync to delete multiple files(only specified files not all) using --delete option, these files are located in different target folders. Instead of running rsync command multiple times for each file, can we achieve this with one time execution? your help is much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to compare two directories and produces the output

Hi, I am using solaris OS 10 and Bash shell.I need a script which will compare the two directories and produces the output. Step 1: In detail say suppoose I have machine one and have a directory dir1. Script should iterate through the directories and subdirectories inside and produce the output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to delete files on windows server

Hi experts, can anyone suggest me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to go Into Directories and Find/Delete files

I have a task, I usually do manually, but with growing responsibilities I tend to forget to do this weekly, I want to write a script that automates this, but I cant seem to work it out in my head, I have the shell of it out, but need help, and you guys have helped me with EVERY problem I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare files in 2 folders and delete the large file

Hello, my first thread here. I've been searching and fiddling around for about a week and I cannot find a solution.:confused: I have been converting all of my home videos to HEVC and sometimes the files end up smaller and sometimes they don't. I am currently comparing all the video files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josh52180
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)