Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of bits.....
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Use of bits..... Post 302911896 by joeyg on Monday 4th of August 2014 10:32:00 AM
Old 08-04-2014
See the Forum Store

1) The is the Forum Store = https://www.unix.com/credits.php?do=banking

2) To post emergency questions

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to convert a partition usin 64 bits kernel to 32 bits kernel?

Hello there: I know that exist a procedure to convert an OS using 32bits kernel to 64 bits kernel. But, exist a procedure to convert an OS using 64bits to 32 bits kernel? Please help me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits

My bits count is increasing and decreasing frequently. I haven't get infractions at present. But my bits count is getting increasing and decreasing frequently. Previously it was not like that. May know the reasons please? Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Purchase from bits

I am referring this thread. New Bits Services for Forum Members I assumed this means that we can purchase the mentioned services from the bits available in the account. ( or I took it wrongly ?). When I click "Purchase" from the row "Request User Name Change (One Time)" The message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where have all my Bits gone?

Hi there admins/moderators, I've just found that all my bits have vanished... both Savings and Checking accounts are showing '0' as the balance. I initially thought it was nefarious carry-on to blame but I can't see any evidence of a transfer out. Then I figured that bits had been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
3 Replies
atomic_and(3C)															    atomic_and(3C)

NAME
atomic_and, atomic_and_8, atomic_and_uchar, atomic_and_16, atomic_and_ushort, atomic_and_32, atomic_and_uint, atomic_and_ulong, atomic_and_64, atomic_and_8_nv, atomic_and_uchar_nv, atomic_and_16_nv, atomic_and_ushort_nv, atomic_and_32_nv, atomic_and_uint_nv, atomic_and_ulong_nv, atomic_and_64_nv - atomic AND operations SYNOPSIS
#include <atomic.h> void atomic_and_8(volatile uint8_t *target, uint8_t bits); void atomic_and_uchar(volatile uchar_t *target, uchar_t bits); void atomic_and_16(volatile uint16_t *target, uint16_t bits); void atomic_and_ushort(volatile ushort_t *target, ushort_t bits); void atomic_and_32(volatile uint32_t *target, uint32_t bits); void atomic_and_uint(volatile uint_t *target, uint_t bits); void atomic_and_ulong(volatile ulong_t *target, ulong_t bits); void atomic_and_64(volatile uint64_t *target, uint64_t bits); uint8_t atomic_and_8_nv(volatile uint8_t *target, uint8_t bits); uchar_t atomic_and_uchar_nv(volatile uchar_t *target, uchar_t bits); uint16_t atomic_and_16_nv(volatile uint16_t *target, uint16_t bits); ushort_t atomic_and_ushort_nv(volatile ushort_t *target, ushort_t bits); uint32_t atomic_and_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *target, uint32_t bits); uint_t atomic_and_uint_nv(volatile uint_t *target, uint_t bits); ulong_t atomic_and_ulong_nv(volatile ulong_t *target, ulong_t bits); uint64_t atomic_and_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *target, uint64_t bits); These functions enable the the bitwise AND of bits to the value stored in target to occur in an atomic manner. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value of target. No errors are defined. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ atomic_add(3C), atomic_bits(3C), atomic_cas(3C), atomic_dec(3C), atomic_inc(3C), atomic_or(3C), atomic_swap(3C), membar_ops(3C), attributes(5), atomic_ops(9F) The *_nv() variants are substantially more expensive on some platforms than the versions that do not return values. Do not use them unless you need to know the new value atomically. 13 May 2005 atomic_and(3C)