Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to determine share name of Linux server? Post 302911602 by Maddy123 on Friday 1st of August 2014 04:05:43 PM
Old 08-01-2014
Hi Robin,

Actually we wanted to create a separate NFS mount point of size 200 GB in a server .
So we requested storage team to create it. but they ask us to provide the share name for server and
one of my team mate has provided that.dont know how he given that share name.

So thought of asking something about it.

Regards,
Maddy

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC

Hi all, Using sh/csh, unfortunately shell scripts are not my strong suit. Trying to write a script that gets called from a program for pre-processing. The program passes individual components of a UNC (//server/path1/path2/filename). Thus the unc path of: //server/path1/path2/filename, is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
nfs_selinux(8)						 NFS SELinux Policy documentation					    nfs_selinux(8)

NAME
nfs_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for NFS DESCRIPTION
Security Enhanced Linux secures the NFS server via flexible mandatory access control. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on the least level of access required. SELinux can be configured to not allow NFS to share files. If you want to share NFS partitions, and only allow read-only access to those NFS partitions, turn the nfs_export_all_ro boolean on: setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro 1 If you want to share files read/write you must set the nfs_export_all_rw boolean. setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1 These booleans are not required when files to be shared are labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types. NFS can share files labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types even if the nfs_export_all_ro and nfs_export_all_rw booleans are off. If you want to use a remote NFS server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean: setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), chcon(1), setsebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 9 Feb 2009 nfs_selinux(8)