Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Performance data via HPOV tool Post 302911405 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 31st of July 2014 01:25:30 PM
Old 07-31-2014
Performance data via HPOV tool

Hi,
We have HP OpenView tool to extract utilization report and extract them in csv. Every month I pull 30 days CPU and Memory utilization, every 5 minutes via GUI and export it in csv (excel) format. It is always a time consuming process to run it on a set of servers and then pick next set because we have 1000+ servers.
If anybody is using it, can we know some command to run on HP OpenView Server to extract data, instead of GUI ? May be I will be able to select more number of servers if I run it in command line. It will make my job easier.
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Performance Tool

Could someone point me in the correct direction or web link containing instructions for installing the System Performance Tool (aka STP) software on an IBM-AIX version 4.? machine. My client has the software (that came from their original server) on a 3" floppy. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pam
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Performance Monitoring Graphing Tool

Hi All Anyone out there using any graphing tool for Solaris performance data taken either through SAR utility or iosatat, vmstat, nicstat etc. There are a couple on googling like statsview and rrdtool but not sure if anyone is really happy and satisfied with using any of the graphing tool. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baner_n
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance data, *nix

Hello, I want to write a tool which fetches performance data from remote machines. Sounds easy? well there are some requirements: No extra "client" software should be needed on the hosts, remote shell access (e.g. SSH) should be enough. -> I'm limited to a small amount of tools. I want CPU,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eliteforce
8 Replies

4. Web Development

Suggested tool / approach for performance testing

What is a good approach for a performance testing tool suite for web applications? I am specifically interested in tools that execute a certain set of tasks well as opposed to tuning high traffic sites. In other words, a profiler would be a good idea to have, although I understand these tools are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.2 5.3 disk performance exerciser tool

I'm search for a disk exerciser / load tool like iometer, iozone, diskx for IBM AIX 5.2 and 5.3 Because of a very bad disk performance on several AIX systems, I need to have a tool which is able to generate a disk load on my local and SAN disks. Does somebody knows a kind of tool which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funsje
5 Replies

6. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

7. AIX

HPOV : coda is aborted

the service coda is aborted in HPOV the OS is AIX 6.1 , i reinstall it but its give me the same message , i remove coda files under /var/opt/OV/datafiles and i restart the service but its aborted agine . ./ovc -status ovcd OV Control CORE (44302556) Running agtrep OV Discovery Agent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

What is Performance data nad Event data?

What is Performance data and Event data? I want to write own discription about a data flow diagram but I don't understand exact meaning of following words. 1.Performance data 2.Event data I googled it but still no luck. Please guide me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
0 Replies

9. Solaris

HPOV in solaris

Good Day all i have a solaris 8 server and i want the procedure for how to install HPOV becuse dont have any small info about solaris . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Can HPOV monitor server hung state ?

Hi, We have Solaris-10 running on VMware (x86). It is being monitored by HP Openview. Sometimes when this server hungs, while ping still works, HPOpenview can't alert that server is down (which is actually unresponsive). First symptom we see is, login failure. It will ask user name and after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
KAS_STATISTICS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 KAS_STATISTICS(8)

NAME
kas_statistics - Displays statistics from an Authentication Server process SYNOPSIS
kas statistics [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-password_for_admin <admin password>] [-cell <cell name>] [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-noauth] [-help] kas sta [-a <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-p <admin password>] [-c <cell name>] [-s <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-n] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas statistics command displays statistics from the Authentication Server running on one of the cell's database server machines. Use the -servers argument to name a specific machine, or the command interpreter chooses one at random from all the database server machines with which it has established connections. CAUTIONS
The -servers argument is not available in interactive mode, making it impossible to specify a certain machine. OPTIONS
-admin_username <admin principal> Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with the Authentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, see kas(8). -password_for_admin <admin password> Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (as recommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does not echo it visibly. For more details, see kas(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see kas(8). -servers <authentication servers>+ Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which to establish a connection. For more details, see kas(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. For more details, see kas(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The information in the output includes: o The number of allocation and freeing operations the Authentication Server has performed, and how many password change requests it has processed. o An indication of its hash table use. o The server machine's IP address in hexadecimal and the date when the current instance of the Authentication Server started. o The number of requests and aborted requests for various services: authentication, ticket granting, password setting, entry listing, and so on. o The amount of CPU time that the Authentication Server has used to process requests since it started. The amount is not accurate on all system types, however. o The number of entries in the Authentication Database that are marked with the "ADMIN" flag. EXAMPLES
In the following example, an administrator using the admin account gathers statistics from the Authentication Server running on the machine "fs1.abc.com". % kas statistics -servers fs1.abc.com 56 allocs, 46 frees, 0 password changes Hash table utilization = 0.100000% From host bfff21a7 started at Tue Mar 23 12:42:02 1999: of 88 requests for Authenticate, 18 were aborted. of 14 requests for GetTicket, 0 were aborted. of 4 requests for CreateUser, 1 were aborted. of 12 requests for SetFields, 4 were aborted. of 3 requests for DeleteUser, 0 were aborted. of 23 requests for GetEntry, 4 were aborted. of 18 requests for ListEntry, 0 were aborted. of 2 requests for GetStats, 1 were aborted. of 2 requests for GetRandomKey, 0 were aborted. Used 6.015 seconds of CPU time. 3 admin accounts PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "ADMIN" flag set on his or her Authentication Database entry. SEE ALSO
kas(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_STATISTICS(8)