Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count no of netstat states
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count no of netstat states Post 302911276 by Don Cragun on Thursday 31st of July 2014 12:06:29 AM
Old 07-31-2014
You can merge the grep behavior into the awk code and get rid of the invocation of grep:
Code:
netstat -a | awk '/server/ && /LISTEN|ESTABLISHED|TIME_WAIT/{a[$6]++}; END { for(b in a) print "Count of "b" is: "a[b]}'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

laymens terms for netstat states

Ok, I've read the manpages on netstat and it gives a good description of the state values such as CLOSE_WAIT, ESTABLISHED, SYN_RECEIVED, etc.. Can someone give me real world situations where you would get these states. LIke for example if I got SYN_RECEIVED what possible situations would be the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

netstat - possible reasons for high IP count ???

One of my servers started getting heavily loaded a few weeks ago for a few hours, so I did some studying and wrote a script to use netstat to get the IP addresses connected and the count. I put a new chain in iptables and if an IP is using more than 40 connections, it gets added to that chain which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PWSwebmaster
3 Replies

3. Solaris

meaning of states in sun clusters

Hi Everybody, As I am new to Sun Clusters, Please help me what is "online but not monitored" state of resources and "online - service is online" in status message. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayahari
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cpufreq directory not present. How to change governor for P states in such a case

One node in my cluster is using ondemand governor which is specified in the directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor .. Scaling_governor allows us to choose the governor of our choice . But this sub-directory is absent in the other node of the cluster . How do I change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix process states

I am trying to write my own Unix compliant (SUSv4) OS - Just a hobby OS, nothing serious. While going through the standard, I couldn't find any explicit information on process states. What I could find was (excluding the real-time considerations)- From this it can be inferred that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinkerbeast
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where can I find UNIX training course in the United States?

Hi guys, Can you help me please to find an appropriate course of UNIX in the United States. Also, can you provide me some information about the schools or institutes that offer it in the U.S. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malik Dera
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Hyperthreaded virtual cores, different C-States?

turbostat reports C-states of all CPU cores, and includes entries for each hyper-threaded core as well. Often enough the two logical cores on a single physical core will list different C state percentages. Does that make any sense? Is this reporting the c-states of the few duplicated parts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command showing different states for same process

I am using HP-UX,KSH $ jobs -l + 19377 Running nohup ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 & $ ps -p 19377 -fl F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME COMD 401 S catmgr 19377 19491 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)