Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP) Post 302911191 by hemanthsaikumar on Wednesday 30th of July 2014 01:23:39 PM
Old 07-30-2014
But i had a requirement of writing the script for SFTP... is it possible..??i want to run the script as its my requirement

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP from UNIX (AIX) to Windows 2000 server

Hi all, I have to sftp a file (put) from AIX server to Windows 2000 server. The question is Windows 200 server that i am using doesnt have any SFTP server , if so i know we need to install one. The question here is for writing a sftp script that as to run everyday as part of cron job we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddymails
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP from windows E:/ to unix server

Hello All :), I am making a script in the ksh to Secure FTP a set of files from the E:/ drive in windows a computer to a unix server. Had it been in the unix directory, I could have used the expect utility to use the non-interactive mode for sftp, #!/usr/local/bin/expect #!/bin/ksh ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP failure from unix to windows server

Hi, I am having unix server SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245. remote windows server details: Microsoft Windows In my script i am sftp'ing files to the windows server through sftp command. But the problem i am facing is, some files are successfully sftp'd to windows server and for some files sftp is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp Connection from Unix to Windows 2003 server using Passphrase

Hi All, I am trying to connect from Unix machine to Windows 2003 server using passphrase method. It is connecting to the server and the connection is immediately closing. Below is the stack trace. Can anyone let me know what wrong with it? cwadmin@iut1wps1:/home/cwadmin> ssh username@targetip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP latest file from Windows server to Unix host

Hi All, I am SFTP ing file from Windows server (Sydney) to Unix host in London (both servers are on different timezones). It appears the upstream (Windows server team) does not do a file housekeeping activity and henceforth there are multiple files i.e. each week the script is scheduled to run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp some files from windows server to UNIX server

hi i need to transfer some files from windows server to unix server using SFTP. but before transferring the files, i need to check the existence of a particular file in the remote directory (say r_dir1). if the file is present, then SFTP all the files. after SFTPing the files from the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless sftp connection from UNIX to windows server

HI , I am trying to make a passwordless sftp connection from a unix server to windows server I have used a existing script which is like this cd /home150/adm/.ssh/ ssh-agent /usr/bin/ksh <<EOF ssh-add IDBNEWKEY ssh-add -l sftp IDBUSER@abc.com cd /home/IDBUSER/Share/IDB/ rm ${FILE}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)