Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting content between match pattern and move on with awk and sed Post 302910511 by clx on Friday 25th of July 2014 02:06:54 AM
Old 07-25-2014
Please post the expected output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern starting with sub-pattern using sed

Hi all, I've been experiencing a difficulty trying to match a number and write it to a new file. My input file is: input.txt It contains the lines: 103P 123587.256971 3.21472112 3.1517423 1.05897234566427 58.2146258 12.35478 25.3612489 What would be the sed command to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biederman
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match with awk/sed - help

I need to grep for the pattern text inside the square brackets which are in red and not in green..my current code greps patterns both of them, which i don't want Input fileref|XP_002371341.1| oxoacyl-ACP reductase, putative gb|EPT24759.1| 3-ketoacyl-(acyl-carrier-protein) reductase ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to get file content until 2 occurrence of pattern match

AWK command to get file content until 3 occurrence of pattern match, INPUT FILE: JMS_BODY_FIELD:JMSText = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <custOptIn xmlns="http://com/walm/ta/cu/ccs/xml2"> <person>Romi</person> <appName>SAP</appName> </custOptIn> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get range out using sed or awk, only if given pattern match

Input: START OS:: UNIX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: LINUX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: Windows Release: xxx Version: xxx ENDHere i am trying to get all the information between START and END, only if i could match OS Type. I can get all the data between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmaraja
3 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)