Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep multiple pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep multiple pattern Post 302909803 by arpagon on Saturday 19th of July 2014 05:47:18 PM
Old 07-19-2014
thanx again Scrutinizer!

both
Code:
awk -F'ip=[(]|[)]|port="?|"' '/ip=/{print $2,$4}' file

and
Code:
sed -n 's/.*ip=(\([^)]*\).*port="*\([^"]*\).*/\1 \2/p' file

work. (do you know how to do it with grep?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Multiple pattern on same line using grep

Hi, I would like to search multiple patterns on same line, i.e. all patterns must present on same line. Please suggest. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with multiple instances of same pattern

Hi, This is my text file I'm trying to Grep. Apple Location Greenland Rdsds dsds fdfd ddsads http Received Return Immediately Received End My Grep command: grep only--matching 'Location.*Received' e. Because the keyword Received appears twice, the Grep command will stop at the last... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spywarebox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with multiple instances of same pattern

Hi, This is my text file I'm trying to Grep. Apple Location Greenland Rdsds dsds fdfd ddsads http Received Return Immediately Received End My Grep command: grep only--matching 'Location.*Received' Because the keyword Received appears twice, the Grep command will stop at the last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spywarebox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple line pattern and output the lines

Hi I have the following Input -- -- TABLE: BUSINESS_UNIT -- ALTER TABLE RATINGS.BUSINESS_UNIT ADD CONSTRAINT FK1_BUSINESS_UNIT FOREIGN KEY (PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID) REFERENCES RATINGS.PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE(PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID) ; ALTER TABLE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep multiple pattern from XML file

Hi Everyone pls if anyone can help me in writing a script or correcting it what I have done. I want to write a script to grep record number for all those record which have abc xyd cat dog in one of the field say VALUE, I have thousand of file in a dir and I want to search every file for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: revertback
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command with multiple pattern

Hi, I want to search multiple patterns in a variable. DB_ERR=`echo "$DB_TRANS" | grep "SP2-" | grep "ORA-"` echo $DB_ERR But I am not getting anything in DB_ERR. I want to print each line on seperate line. Could you please help me out in this. Thanks in advance. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to search multiple pattern in file with grep/sed/awk

Hello All, I have a file which is having below type of data, Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Here I wanted to grep for date pattern as below, so that it should only grep "Jul 20" OR "Jul ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text between multiple pattern

Hello everybody, I have been looking around but can't figure how to do a grep command, that find the text between multiple patterns, example: (pattern1 OR pattern2) AND (pattern3 OR pattern4) text that I want (pattern5 OR pattern6) AND (pattern7 OR pattern8) So how do I find the "text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benou
4 Replies

9. Linux

Creating 2 variables from a multiple pattern grep

first time poster here Im pretty new to grep and linux in general and I spent pretty much all day yesterday researching and coming up with a grep command to help with my university project. I am attempting to create a proof of concept bash script to scan the network using ngrep, find appropriate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottish_jason
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies
fmt(1)							      General Commands Manual							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - format text SYNOPSIS
width] [file...] DESCRIPTION
The command is a simple text formatter that fills and joins lines to produce output lines of (up to) the number of characters specified in the width option. The default width is 72. concatenates the arguments. If none are given, formats text from the standard input. Blank lines are preserved in the output, as is the spacing between words. does not fill lines beginning with a period for compatibility with Nor does it fill lines starting with Indentation is preserved in the output and input lines with differing indentation are not joined (unless is used). can also be used as an in-line text filter for the command: reformats the text between the cursor location and the end of the paragraph. Options recognizes the following options: Crown margin mode. Preserve the indentation of the first two lines within a paragraph and align the left margin of each subsequent line with that of the second line. This is useful for tagged paragraphs. Split lines only. Do not join short lines to form longer ones. This prevents sample lines of code, and other such "formatted" text, from being unduly combined. Fill output lines to up to width columns. WARNINGS
The width option is acceptable for BSD compatibility, but it may go away in future releases. SEE ALSO
nroff(1), vi(1). fmt(1)