Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run Bash Script thrice & then interval for 10 mins. Post 302909666 by jeetz on Friday 18th of July 2014 06:42:34 AM
Old 07-18-2014
Run Bash Script thrice & then interval for 10 mins.

Hi...

I am very new to shell scripting. I have written a script with help of this forum and some googling and it works the way I want it to. Currently this script checks for my SIP trunk registration every 5 seconds, if registration is not available then it reboots my router through telnet session and keeps rebooting it till the registration is available.

I would like the router rebooted only thrice at max and then wait for 10 minute, check for registration again and if failed then max 3 reboots and interval again.

However if the trunk registration is successful then script should keep checking it every 5 secs as per current practice.

Would be thankful for help provided.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
typeset -i interval=5
run=true
trunk=vonage
while [[ "$run" == "true" ]]; do
checktrunk=$(asterisk -rx "sip show peer $trunk" | grep -c "Status.*OK")
if [[ $checktrunk -eq 0 ]]; then
echo "$(date): SIP trunk registration failed."
sleep 2
{
sleep 2
echo admin
sleep 2
echo password
sleep 2
echo sys reboot
echo exit
} | telnet 192.168.1.1
else
echo "$(date): SIP trunk registration OK."
fi
sleep 5
done
exit 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Run Interval to be dynamic

Hi All. I have a script which has to be run periodically. The frequency of its run will be decided by a Database stored value PollRate. e.g. If PollRate value is 300secs, then the script should be executed every 5 minutes, if it's 1500secs, it should execute every 15 minutes. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a command automatically after every 10 mins

Hi friends, I need to write a script which runs a command (on that particular server only) after every 10 mins, and the contents are also echoed on that very terminal only. And then I need to compare the last two outputs, and mail if there is any difference in the last two outputs. Can we set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run repeatedly after a fixed interval of time

Hi , I am working on the following script . I want this script to run and scan the log file repeatedly after 3 hours. This script will run & scan just for the current date logs and after every 3 hours. Kindly advice what to add in this script for this purpose. #!/bin/sh diff common.log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script in the background with a time interval

I have a script I want to run in the background, and I have looked it up but I am not exactly sure how to do. First of all to run it in the background do you have to put something in the script or is it just a command when you go to run it. I found this solution to it but once again I am not to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mauler123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a cronjob to run every 15 mins ?

Hi, I want to schedule a job to run every 15 mins through cron. searched the forums and came up with this piece of code.i have given this in my crontab 0-59/15 * * * * sh /usr/ss/job But its not being run. Have i made any mistake here. Can any1 post the cron code for scheduling the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the particular command continously for 30 mins in perl?

Hi, I have command that should run continuously for 30 mins but not every day not once in a week , not one in a month. whenever i call that particular program that command should run for 30 mins and stop. #Contents of test.pl `ls -l *.txt`; #some other lines of code to print ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script everyday between 7 and 8 pm with the time interval of 5 minutes?

Hi, Can someone help me in running a cronjob everyday between 7 and 8 pm with the time interval of 5 minutes in between to repeat that script. The script is so small and I need that to run daily between this time. Please if possible provide me the syntax for this logic. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Main script triggers second and it has to run at specific interval

Hi Friends, I am newbie to shell programming and I am stuck trying to accomplish following task.We use Bamboo CI which executes script1 passing parameters. This Main script executes script2 as backend process as part of one of it statements. Task of script2 is to essentially check whether a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya206
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (ksh) to get data in every 30 mins interval for the given date

Hello, Since I m new to shell, I had a hard time to sought out this problem. I have a log file of a utility which tells that batch files are successful with timestamp. Given below is a part of the log file. 2013/03/07 00:13:50 Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
12 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux