Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check, if date is not today
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check, if date is not today Post 302909326 by bora99 on Wednesday 16th of July 2014 06:30:51 AM
Old 07-16-2014
Quote:
how 15 is today's date?
20140715 <= today's date
i corrected it in my post, your solution is easier, without date functions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare today's date with date in a file

Hi I am very new to scripting, Can someone show me how to (in unix shell script) compare the system's date with a date in a file. The requirement is to somehow open this file (which will only have a date in it) and compare it with today's date. If they are equal execute a procedure below but if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date one month from today

I need to get the date one month in the future from today - or 30 days from today etc... I need this to work all year around - I cannot find anything to solve this issue in the search / faqs etc.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file exists and created today issue

Morning My other issue I have seems very simple but im just not seeing it. I have a script that checks on a remote share to see if the backups for some systems have run. Its as simple as: find /mnt/ukwcs-net-config/WLAN-Controllers/ -mtime -1 -ls | egrep '(cfg)' > wlanlog.txt cut -c 1-92... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltodd2
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - shows today’s date and time in a better format than ‘date’ (Uses positional paramete

Hello, I am trying to show today's date and time in a better format than ‘date' (Using positional parameters). I found a command mktime and am wondering if this is the best command to use or will this also show me the time elapse since 1/30/70? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep out only today's date

Hi, I have some log files. I've been asked to grep out error messages that have happened ONLY today. (However, the logs keep messages a long time so they have error messages going back weeks) They log details in these fields (order): Month Day Time Server message I can grep out the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Today's date using Perl?

Easiest way to get it in the form of MM/DD/YY for Perl 5.8.8? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date fuction - how to deduct days from today's date

Hi, One of my Unix scripts needs to look for files coming in on Fridays. This script runs on Mondays. $date +"%y%m%d" will give me today's date. How can I get previous Friday's date.. can I do "today's date minus 3 days" to get Friday's date? If not, then any other way?? Name of the files is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a date column (today's date) in file

Hi I have file with number status and date1 and date1 field, want add a column today between column date1 and date2. file1.txt number status date1 date2 ===== ==== === ===== 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 45678 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 43567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Date to today's date in shell script

Hi Community! Following on from this code in another thread: #!/bin/bash file_string=`/bin/cat date.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $5,$4,$7,$6,$8}'` file_date=`/bin/date -d "$file_string"` file_epoch=`/bin/date -d "$file_string" +%s` now_epoch=`/bin/date +%s` if then #let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenage
2 Replies
DP(8)                                                                [nmh-1.5]                                                               DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)