Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sql delete and append
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sql delete and append Post 302909022 by Don Cragun on Sunday 13th of July 2014 11:03:00 PM
Old 07-14-2014
For records with fields 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 with the same values, do you want the lowest "first" and the highest "last" or do you want a single line with the greatest difference between "first" and "last"? If the latter, what happens if two records have distinct ranges with the same difference (such as with the input lines:
Code:
| PSK_30s1189731L001 | -1 | 1 | 3 | 999 | 6285 | 9808 | c |
| PSK_30s1189731L001 | -1 | 1 | 3 | 1999 | 7285 | 9808 | c |

should the output be:
Code:
| PSK_30s1189731L001 | -1 | 1 | 3 | 999 | 7285 | 9808 | c |

or should it be one of the input lines). If one of the input lines, does it matter which one?

Does the order of the lines in the table in your output matter?

Why doesn't your sample output contain the 2nd header line from your sample input?

Why is there no | at the end of the last two lines of your sample input and the last line of your sample output?

Why isn't there a | at the start of the 1st header line in your sample input and output files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed: Append and Delete?

I think it should be obvious what I'm trying to do from my command, but just to be sure it's clear, I'm trying to append 2 lines after a matched line and then delete 2 other lines within a file. I'd like to do it in 1 line if possible. This code isn't working, but hopefully it's just a syntax... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this sed command? delete & append

I want to write a sed command that does the following work: file: <a>asdfasdf<\s> <line>hello</line> <b>adf<\c> <b>tttttttt<\c> output: name=hello sed -e 's/^*//' -n -e '/<line>/s/<*>//gp;' -e 's/^/name="/g' file but I can not append "=" after getting the line with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture rows for a column in file from delete sql -Oracle

Hi, This may not be the right forum but i am hoping someone knows an answer to this. I have to capture rows for a column that was deleted. How can i do that without having to write a select query? delete from myschema.mytable where currentdatetimestamp > columnDate this should delete 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective delete in SQL

Hi All This might be a weird query but its related to deleting specific details in database. Bascially I had built a database using a set of files seq1 of 300 mb seq2 of 200 mb seq3 of 350 mb seq4 of 300 mb and after building the database i realized that i didn't need the whole data.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to delete a data starting with a phrase in a table - SQL?

Hello, I am trying to remove some rows in a table, which are including a phrase at a defined column but i could not find the unique result for this. What I wish to do is to remove all lines including http://xx.yy at link column ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				       mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp - table lookup, in place SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(mlib_image *srcdst, const void **table); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp() function maps the source image to the destination image, in place, by using the user-specified lookup table. The following equation is used: srcdst[x][y][i] = table[i][srcdst[x][y][i]] PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: srcdst Pointer to first source and destination image. table Pointer to lookup table. The data type of the lookup table is the same as the destination image. The number of entries in the lookup table is determined by the type of the input image. The format of the lookup table is: table[channel][index] The MLIB_BYTE type entries are indexed from 0 to 255. The MLIB_SHORT type entries are indexed from -32768 to -1, then from 0 to 32767. The MLIB_USHORT type entries are indexed from 0 to 65535. The MLIB_INT type entries are indexed from -2147483648 to -1, and then from 0 to 2147483647. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageLookUp(3MLIB), mlib_ImageLookUp2(3MLIB), mlib_ImageLookUpMask(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageLookUp_Inp(3MLIB)