Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX with 2 Net Interfaces lose connectivity Post 302908386 by ibmtech on Monday 7th of July 2014 12:15:40 PM
Old 07-07-2014
How many default gateways are configured?

Can you paste the output of netstat -nr

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SFTP problem AIX

I am having an issue while trying to run the Net::SFTP module. I have been able to install this on several machines before but have never had this problem. When I am running a simple script to test the sftp it dies but does not trigger the print statement for my error. The last line is in red. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofs79
0 Replies

2. Solaris

list of physical net interfaces

hi, Can I listdown all available net interfaces on my system like SF4800 or Netra440. I know there are 4 port physically present but I can't see or list them using either sysdef -v prtconf -vp prtdiag -v dladm kstat may be I'm missing switched on these or may some other command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running C#.NET program in AIX?

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to run C#.NET in AIX

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

5. AIX

Connectivity from WIndows to AIX

Hi, We have installed oracle on a AIX machine and when we try to connect to AIX machine from oracle client installed on a windows machine or do a telnet to AIX machine on 1521 port , it throws an error connection refused on port 1521 , where all the ports and firewalls are open from windows to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityakp123
2 Replies

6. AIX

ODBC Connectivity between Oracle10g on AIX and Mainframe

Hi, I have a task of setting up connectivity between Oracle 10g (AIX) and Mainframe (1 library). Went through couple of documents, forums, blogs etc. MY understanding is ODBC Generic Connectivity is free from Oracle side. Question: (may be dumb to you) 1. Has anybody done this and would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmani_1
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

8. AIX

Udp_sendspace setting in AIX diff interfaces

Hey, would like to set udp_sendspace parameters in diferrent interface ent2 ent3 ent4 , no -p -o udp_sendspace=65536 just set on ent2 and chdev -l ent3 -a udp_sendspace=65536 doesn't work is that possible to set up this parameters by interface? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

9. AIX

Temporarily lose connection to AIX box

Hello All, I have a strange problem and I'm hoping someone can help. I honestly don't know where else to look. I have a number of AIX boxes in my environment and for some reason I would periodically lose connectivity to all services (except ping) to one of my boxes. It happens sporadically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)