Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory? Post 302906029 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of June 2014 05:49:41 PM
Old 06-16-2014
If it's saving index.html, you forgot the --spider.

You can feed wget a list of URL's with awk '{...}' | wget -I - ...
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore '.' files

I'm running Fedora Core 6 as an FTP server on a powerMac G4... I'm trying to create a script to remove files older than 3 days... I'm able to find all data older than 3 days but it finds hidden files such as /home/ftp/goossens/.canna /home/ftp/goossens/.kde... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_UK
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget a directory structure question

Can you tell me how to download the directory tree just starting from "project1/" in this URL? "https://somesite.com/projects/t/project1/" This command does not seem to do what I want as it downloads also files from the upper hierarchy: wget --no-check-certificate --http-user=user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ls to ignore ~ and # files

Is there a way to customize ls to ignore files ending with ~ and #? (those are Emacs backup and auto-save files). I found -B option, which only ignores ~ files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaroslavvb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: ignore directory completely

Hello, I know find can be prevented from recursing into directories with something like the following... find . -name .svn -prune -a type d But how can I completely prevent directories of a certain name (.svn) from being displayed at all, the top level and the children? I really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwb123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget to ignore an IP address

Hello Unix Geeks, I am in a situation to use wget for crawling a site where the site contains 5 IP addresses. Out of 5, 4 are accessible and 1 is having a problem due to firewall problems. In this case, my wget is getting stuck with that X.X.X.X and giving up. How can I ignore this IP and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with ignore directory

Dear All, I am using find command find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/ the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO i want to ignore mice***_PO directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change wget download directory?

i have a cron that mirrors a site periodically wget -r -nc --passive-ftp ftp://user:pass@123.456.789.0 i want to download this into a directory called /files but when I do this, it always create a new directory called "123.456.789.0" (the hostname) it puts it into /files/123.456.789.0 but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find ignore directory

I am using aix. I would like to ignore the /u directory. I tried this but it is not working. find / -type f -type d \( -path /u \) -prune -o -name '*rpm*' 2>/dev/null /u/appx/ls.rpm /u/arch/vim.rpm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
JIGDO-LITE(1)															     JIGDO-LITE(1)

NAME
jigdo-lite - Download jigdo files using wget SYNOPSIS
jigdo-lite [ URL ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. Given the URL of a `.jigdo' file, jigdo-lite downloads the large file (e.g. a CD image) that has been made available through that URL. wget(1) is used to download the necessary pieces of administrative data (contained in the `.jigdo' file and a corresponding `.template' file) as well as the many pieces that the large file is made from. The jigdo-file(1) utility is used to reconstruct the large file from the pieces. `.jigdo' files that contain references to Debian mirrors are treated specially: When such a file is recognized, you are asked to select one mirror out of a list of all Debian mirrors. If URL is not given on the command line, the script prompts for a location to download the `.jigdo' file from. The following command line options are recognized: -h --help Output short summary of command syntax. -v --version Output version number. --scan FILES Do not ask for "Files to scan", use this path. --noask Do not ask any questions, instead behave as if the user had pressed Return at all prompts. This can be useful when running jigdo- lite from cron jobs or in other non-interactive environments. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-mirror(1), wget(1) (or `info wget') CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-LITE(1)