Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to merge multiple text files vertically and place comma between fields Post 302905769 by bartus11 on Friday 13th of June 2014 04:54:21 PM
Old 06-13-2014
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$0}NR!=FNR{for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) a[$1]=a[$1]" "$i}END{for (i in a) print a[i]}' File01 File02 File03 | sed 's/\([^ ]\) /\1, /g' | sort

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Update text files in place (string substitution) ??

The auditors have nailed us for world writeable files.... Apparently in years gone by, quite a number of our kornshell scripts have had: umask 000 put in the script. We have been able to turn off world writeable for existing dirs & files, but as these scripts run, new files keep getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you delete multiple text from a comma delimited file

I would like to know code that will delete multiple text from a comma delimited file. For example, how would the comma delimited file below delete the word 'PEST' in Perl language (previously an excel file that was converted to a csv and the last column was PEST): 1, 2,43,34, bosx,PEST 1,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge text files while combining the multiple header/trailer records into one each.

Situation: Our system currently executes a job (COBOL Program) that generates an interface file to be sent to one of our vendors. Because this system processes information for over 100,000 employees/retirees (and growing), we'd like to multi-thread the job into processing-groups in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oordonez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place a comma on lines

Is it possible to place a comma in the desired places, like 10spaces after or 15 spaces after, irrespective of the contents??? Ex:File: TEST TEST: vimalthomaswants to place a comma can he do it in the desired places? as per the above file, i need to place a comma after 10th space... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: merge two files and replace some fields

Need some code tweak: awk 'END { for (i=1; i<=n; i++) if (f2]) print f2] } NR == FNR { f2 = $1] = $0 next } $1 in f2 { delete f2 }1' FS=, OFS=, 2.csv 1.csv > 3.csvfile 1.csv have: $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9...... file 2.csv have: $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u10
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert comma in place of column

Hi all, I have a file in which I have to insert commna between entries of 2 column and createa new file separated by commas not a columns if input is FHIT Adenosine Monotungstate Not Available CS Trifluoroacetonyl Coenzyme A Not Available Theo expected output is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge the multiple text files into one file

Hi All, I am trying to merge all the text files into one file using below snippet cat /home/Temp/Test/Log/*.txt >> all.txt But it seems it is not working. I have multiple files like Output_ServerName1.txt, Output_ServreName2.txt I want to merge each file into one single file and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two or more fields from two different files where there is non matching column?

Hi, Please excuse for often requesting queries and making R&D, I am trying to work out a possibility where i have two files field separated by pipe and another file containing only one field where there is no matching columns, Could you please advise how to merge two files. $more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two text files by two fields and mixed output

Hello, I'm back again looking for your precious help- This time I need to merge two text files with matching two fields, output only common records with mixed output. Let's look at the example: FILE1 56153;AAA0708;3;TEST1TEST1; 89014;BBB0708;3;TEST2TEST2; 89014;BBB0708;4;TEST3TEST3; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emare
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract fields from a CSV i.e comma separated where some of the fields having comma as value?

can anyone help me!!!! How to I parse the CSV file file name : abc.csv (csv file) The above file containing data like abv,sfs,,hju,',',jkk wff,fst,,rgr,',',rgr ere,edf,erg,',',rgr,rgr I have a requirement like i have to extract different field and assign them into different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Jena
4 Replies
GIT-MERGE-INDEX(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-MERGE-INDEX(1)

NAME
git-merge-index - Run a merge for files needing merging SYNOPSIS
git merge-index [-o] [-q] <merge-program> (-a | [--] <file>*) DESCRIPTION
This looks up the <file>(s) in the index and, if there are any merge entries, passes the SHA1 hash for those files as arguments 1, 2, 3 (empty argument if no file), and <file> as argument 4. File modes for the three files are passed as arguments 5, 6 and 7. OPTIONS
-- Do not interpret any more arguments as options. -a Run merge against all files in the index that need merging. -o Instead of stopping at the first failed merge, do all of them in one shot - continue with merging even when previous merges returned errors, and only return the error code after all the merges. -q Do not complain about a failed merge program (a merge program failure usually indicates conflicts during the merge). This is for porcelains which might want to emit custom messages. If git merge-index is called with multiple <file>s (or -a) then it processes them in turn only stopping if merge returns a non-zero exit code. Typically this is run with a script calling git's imitation of the merge command from the RCS package. A sample script called git merge-one-file is included in the distribution. ALERT ALERT ALERT! The git "merge object order" is different from the RCS merge program merge object order. In the above ordering, the original is first. But the argument order to the 3-way merge program merge is to have the original in the middle. Don't ask me why. Examples: torvalds@ppc970:~/merge-test> git merge-index cat MM This is MM from the original tree. # original This is modified MM in the branch A. # merge1 This is modified MM in the branch B. # merge2 This is modified MM in the branch B. # current contents or torvalds@ppc970:~/merge-test> git merge-index cat AA MM cat: : No such file or directory This is added AA in the branch A. This is added AA in the branch B. This is added AA in the branch B. fatal: merge program failed where the latter example shows how git merge-index will stop trying to merge once anything has returned an error (i.e., cat returned an error for the AA file, because it didn't exist in the original, and thus git merge-index didn't even try to merge the MM thing). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-MERGE-INDEX(1)