Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract user accounts and home directory from /etc/passwd. Post 302905209 by bakunin on Tuesday 10th of June 2014 09:20:53 AM
Old 06-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
I'm afraid that [0-9]*[0-9] will match any integer number, even longer than two digits.
Yes, you are right. My bad. Here is a corrected version of the sensitive part of the regexp:

Code:
/[0-9]\{1,2\}/

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resrtrict user to his home directory

Hello How do i restrict a user only to his own directory so that he wont be able to cd to other directories. say for excample there is user called xiamin then xiamin should be restricted to /usr/xiamin only. i am on redhat linux regards Hrishy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user home directory problem

The home directory for me on my system is on /home/kwon. It was created using "useradd kwon" When i go to change the home directory for a user doing a usermod -d /home/test when they log on it gives them messages saying to generate new ssh keys, and it does. It gives me a thing that says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BangYourWallnut
1 Replies

3. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find out the home directory of a user??

Hi all, I would like to know how to find out the home directory of a particular user.. eg, If am the root , then my Home directory will be / if say am just a user logging into the terminal then my home dir would change, so accordingly i would like to know how to find it out... I know that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change home directory by modifying passwd

hi How can I change the home directory of a user without using usermod -d command? ( by modifying /etc/passwd) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
17 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

User's home directory

Hi, By default user's home directory will be /home/$user. I want to change it to /javauser/$user. How can I do it? Thanks Jeevan. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User's home directory not being created

I am trying to create Oracle user. I will install oracle after that. But my problem is /home/oracle directory is not being created. bash-3.2# useradd -g oinstall -G dba,oper -d /home/oracle -m oracle cp: /home/oracle: Operation not applicable chown: /home/oracle: No such file or directory ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubatuwang
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match - A standard pattern match regex INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match isa PPI::Token::Regexp isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
$text =~ m/match regexp/; $text =~ /match regexp/; DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" object represents a single match regular expression. Just to be doubly clear, here are things that are and aren't considered a match regexp. # Is a match regexp /This is a match regexp/; m/Old McDonald had a farm/eieio; # These are NOT match regexp qr/This is a regexp quote-like operator/; s/This is a/replace regexp/; METHODS
There are no methods available for "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token::Regexp, PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)