Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX server boots to black graphical screen Post 302904824 by steveGH on Saturday 7th of June 2014 11:06:08 AM
Old 06-07-2014
how do i do this? 11v3

---------- Post updated 06-07-14 at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous update was 06-06-14 at 03:29 PM ----------

Single user mode did not work.
Any ideas of how to boot into single user mode.

I am trying to install using Ignite Server.....any suggestions would be appreciated

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Black Screen SCO Real. 5 (intel platform)

Hi everyone, I am new in here. I have to work on a system where nothing is showing up on the screen. I am suspecting an hardware issue, can anyone help me with this? Thanks for your input BB (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labcc
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Black Screen for 10secs

I was thinking if there is a way that i can go about making my screen go black automatically for about 10seconds, (with a message like "take a break" printed on the screen) and after 10seconds everything comes back to normal.... is there any way that i can do this...??? to further clarify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_d
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Black Screen

I am using Intel HD 400 Graphics on a laptop. When I logout, I get a black screen with no cursor or anything. I have to hard reboot the system to get into linux again. Working on RHEL 6 (gnome) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunveer
1 Replies

4. Hardware

qosmio f50-freeze when trying to update bios-black screen

Hi! I own a Qosmio f50 laptop and today i download the file from toshiba to update my bios. Everything went well until installer reaches block 16 when system freezes. I left it half an hour and then tried to power-off the pc with the button, but it dont. I unplug the ac-adaptor and the battery and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Found a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, and it boots to a login screen. How can I reset the OS?

I just got moved to a new office building, and as I was unpacking my stuff I saw an odd tower PC in the nearby recycling heap. It turned out to be a Sun Ultra 10 Elite3D workstation, complete with keyboard, mouse, and monster-sized CRT with the wacky Sun video cable. I just set everything up and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowbobwow
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Goes Black When Run startx

Have - HP G4p DL360 SCSI version (*see below of pdf of server basics if needed) Scientific Linux live-cd.iso Issue - When it boots off the LiveCD, all starts swell, but if I install the OS normal it goes to a black monitor.... If I install text only, it works and when done I am at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

8. Linux

Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing a black screen

Hi all, Is there a way, on the command line, to show a black screen WITHOUT turning off the monitor? Also, is there a way to make the computer show the last screen before the black screen as soon as the user interacts with it? I know that there are various ways to turn off the computer, or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
8 Replies
GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)						   User Commands						  GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)

NAME
grub-mkrescue - make a GRUB rescue image SYNOPSIS
grub-mkrescue [OPTION...] [OPTION] SOURCE... DESCRIPTION
Make GRUB CD-ROM, disk, pendrive and floppy bootable image. --compress=no|xz|gz|lzo compress GRUB files [optional] -d, --directory=DIR use images and modules under DIR [default=/usr/lib/grub/<platform>] --fonts=FONTS install FONTS [default=unicode] --install-modules=MODULES install only MODULES and their dependencies [default=all] -k, --pubkey=FILE embed FILE as public key for signature checking --locale-directory=DIR use translations under DIR [default=/usr/share/locale] --locales=LOCALES install only LOCALES [default=all] --modules=MODULES pre-load specified modules MODULES --themes=THEMES install THEMES [default=starfield] -v, --verbose print verbose messages. --arcs-boot enable ARCS (big-endian mips machines, mostly SGI) boot. Disables HFS+, APM, sparc64 and boot as disk image for i386-pc --core-compress=xz|none|auto choose the compression to use for core image --label-bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for label background --label-color=COLOR use COLOR for label --label-font=FILE use FILE as font for label -o, --output=FILE save output in FILE [required] --product-name=STRING use STRING as product name --product-version=STRING use STRING as product version --rom-directory=DIR save ROM images in DIR [optional] --sparc-boot enable sparc boot. Disables HFS+, APM, ARCS and boot as disk image for i386-pc --xorriso=FILE use FILE as xorriso [optional] -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Generates a bootable CD/USB/floppy image. Arguments other than options to this program are passed to xorriso, and indicate source files, source directories, or any of the mkisofs options listed by the output of `xorriso -as mkisofs -help'. Option -- switches to native xorriso command mode. Mail xorriso support requests to <bug-xorriso@gnu.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkimage(1) The full documentation for grub-mkrescue is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mkrescue programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mkrescue should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mkrescue (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKRESCUE(1)