Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk Post 302904537 by newageBATMAN on Wednesday 4th of June 2014 03:33:47 PM
Old 06-04-2014
Code:
awk -F" " '{if($1=="ndc" && $2=="ndc") {print NR"\t"$0}}' inputFile

Change your Column patterns in place of "ndc" ......

Output:
3 ndc ndc 451
5 ndc ndc 100
This User Gave Thanks to newageBATMAN For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern, print it and the next line

I have a file nbu_faq.txt (Question/answer) which looks like this What I am trying to do is write out each question in a file1.txt and than the question/answer in a file2.txt like this file1.txt Q: What is nbu? Q: What is blablabla...? Q: Why ....? file2.txt Q: What is nbu? A:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern and print the line once

Hi, I have a xml file <cisco:name> <cisco:mdNm>Cisco Device 7500 A Series</cisco:mdNm> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:ehNm>/shelf=1</cisco:ehNm> <cisco:subname> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA Series</cisco:sptp> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MATCH A PATTERN AND PRINT A LINE ABOVE AND BELOW

Dear All, Hv a very specific requirement. I have a very large text file and in which I have to match a pattern and insert a line above and below. Eg: My file cat test date1 date2 date3 date4 I need to match 'date3' and insert "Reminder1" above date3 and insert 'reminder2'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pattern match line and following lines

Data: Pattern Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data ... With awk, how do I print the pattern matching line, then the subsequent lines following the pattern matching line. Varying number of lines following the pattern matching line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using awk to print pattern/occurence

Hi, Do anybody know how to use awk to count the pattern at specific column? Input file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a . . Output file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a 3 . . I plan to count how many "miR" in column 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies
RNDC(8) 							       BIND9								   RNDC(8)

NAME
rndc - name server control utility SYNOPSIS
rndc [-b source-address] [-c config-file] [-k key-file] [-s server] [-p port] [-V] [-y key_id] {command} DESCRIPTION
rndc controls the operation of a name server. It supersedes the ndc utility that was provided in old BIND releases. If rndc is invoked with no command line options or arguments, it prints a short summary of the supported commands and the available options and their arguments. rndc communicates with the name server over a TCP connection, sending commands authenticated with digital signatures. In the current versions of rndc and named, the only supported authentication algorithm is HMAC-MD5, which uses a shared secret on each end of the connection. This provides TSIG-style authentication for the command request and the name server's response. All commands sent over the channel must be signed by a key_id known to the server. rndc reads a configuration file to determine how to contact the name server and decide what algorithm and key it should use. OPTIONS
-b source-address Use source-address as the source address for the connection to the server. Multiple instances are permitted to allow setting of both the IPv4 and IPv6 source addresses. -c config-file Use config-file as the configuration file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.conf. -k key-file Use key-file as the key file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.key. The key in /etc/rndc.key will be used to authenticate commands sent to the server if the config-file does not exist. -s server server is the name or address of the server which matches a server statement in the configuration file for rndc. If no server is supplied on the command line, the host named by the default-server clause in the options statement of the rndc configuration file will be used. -p port Send commands to TCP port port instead of BIND 9's default control channel port, 953. -V Enable verbose logging. -y key_id Use the key key_id from the configuration file. key_id must be known by named with the same algorithm and secret string in order for control message validation to succeed. If no key_id is specified, rndc will first look for a key clause in the server statement of the server being used, or if no server statement is present for that host, then the default-key clause of the options statement. Note that the configuration file contains shared secrets which are used to send authenticated control commands to name servers. It should therefore not have general read or write access. For the complete set of commands supported by rndc, see the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual or run rndc without arguments to see its help message. LIMITATIONS
rndc does not yet support all the commands of the BIND 8 ndc utility. There is currently no way to provide the shared secret for a key_id without using the configuration file. Several error messages could be clearer. SEE ALSO
rndc.conf(5), rndc-confgen(8), named(8), named.conf(5), ndc(8), BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2007 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Internet Software Consortium. BIND9 June 30, 2000 RNDC(8)