Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern Post 302904478 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 4th of June 2014 09:05:41 AM
Old 06-04-2014
Try:
Code:
awk '/Conn.*User/{p=1;next}p' consumers.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing previous line based on pattern using sed

Hi, I have a written a shell script to get the previous line based on the pattern. For example if a file has below lines: ---------------------------------------------- #UNBLOCK_As _per #As per 205.162.42.92 #BLOCK_As_per #----------------------- #input checks abc.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to modify a line above or below matching pattern?

I couldn't figure out how to use sed or any other shell to do the following. Can anyone help? Thanks. If seeing a string (e.g., TODAY) in the line, replace a string in the line above (e.g, replace "Raining" with "Sunny") and replace a string in the line below (e.g., replace "Reading" with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprinner
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines up to pattern excluding pattern

11 22 33 44 55 66 77 When pattern 55 is met, print upto it, so output is 11 22 33 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range of lines matching pattern and previous line

Hi all, on Solaris 10, I'd like to print a range of lines starting at pattern but also including the very first line before pattern. the following doesn't print the range starting at pattern and going down to the end of file: cat <my file> | sed -n -e '/<pattern>{x;p;}/' I need to include the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siriche
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed: Adding new line after matching pattern

Hi I just wanted to add a new line after every matching pattern: The method doing this doesn't matter, however, I have been using sed and this is what I tried doing, knowing that I am a bit off: sed 'Wf a\'/n'/g' Basically, I want to add a new line after occurrence of Wf. After the line Wf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX awk pattern matching and printing lines

I have the below plain text file where i have some result, in order to mail that result in html table format I have written the below script and its working well. cat result.txt Page 2015-01-01 2000 Colors 2015-02-01 3000 Landing 2015-03-02 4000 #!/bin/sh LOG=/tmp/maillog.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: close2jay
1 Replies
EvmEventNameMatch(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      EvmEventNameMatch(3)

NAME
EvmEventNameMatch(), EvmEventNameMatchStr() - match EVM event name SYNOPSIS
Library EVM Support Library Parameters pattern The event name pattern sought. The pattern may be any valid event name string. It may include wildcard characters in place of any component. event The event containing the event name to be compared against the pattern. match The result of the match. This operand is set to if the name matches the pattern, and to if it does not. candidate A character string to be matched against the pattern DESCRIPTION
Because special matching rules apply when deciding whether a candidate event name matches a known name, the EVM name matching functions should be used for matching purposes, rather than the C string comparison functions The EVM functions match an event name against a sup- plied pattern, ignoring any trailing appended components in the candidate name, and correctly matching wildcard characters. The function takes an event and an event name pattern as input, and returns an indication of whether the event contains a name which matches the pattern in the match output argument. The pattern may be any valid event name string, and may also include wildcard characters in place of any component. A wildcard in the pattern matches zero or more name components. A matches exactly one component. A match occurs if the event name matches all components indicated by the pattern, even if the name has additional trailing elements. The function performs the same check as but takes a character string as the candidate event name, instead of extracting the candidate event name from a supplied event. Both functions set the match output argument to if the name matches the pattern, and to if it does not. RETURN VALUE
The operation completed without error. The comparison was successful. The value of the match operand indicates whether the name matches the pattern. One of the arguments to the function is invalid. The supplied pattern contains invalid characters. The supplied event does not contain a name. ERRORS
The value of is not set. SEE ALSO
Routines memccpy(3C), strcat(3C). Event Management EVM(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). EvmEventNameMatch(3)