Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to store "python --version" to a shell variable Post 302903233 by vbe on Monday 26th of May 2014 09:20:50 AM
Old 05-26-2014
Code:
echo $python_verison

Hehe typos!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

2. SuSE

VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file"

keep getting an error when I try to revert to a snapshot: "VMDB Failure" followed by "Unable to open snapshot file" Im using vmware server 1.0.4, host OS is windows xp and guest OS is SLES. Is there anything I can do to recover the snapshot or am I in trouble!?!?! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the output of "time dd if= of=" in a variable

Hi All, I need to store the real seconds of the following command in a variable. How could it be done? time $(dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=512 count=2048;sync) Thanks, Amio (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
12 Replies

4. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the output of "find" command in a variable?

I intend to find the path/full location of a file(filename given by user thru "read filenme") using "find" or any other command and then store it's output in a variable for some other processing. But struggling to put all things together (i.e finding the fully qualified location of that file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to store "-e" in variable ??????

p="-e" echo $p It is not returning the value "-e" stored. Instead returns null. I am wondering how could this happen. Please help me out.I tried all possibilities like p='-e' | p="\-e". Nothing seems to work. :confused::confused: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanneykar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store Host lookup in variable ("on the fly")

Hi, I'm new here. I was wondering why I can't store a host lookup in a variable. for line in $(< blacklist) do STOREIP=host $line; if ]; then $line >> blacklist2; else $line >> blacklist3; fi done Result: "ip" command not found .. so how would I store the host lookup in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sOliver
2 Replies

8. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)