Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk Post 302902343 by clx on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 05:10:50 AM
Old 05-20-2014
Quote:
Code:
mktime("year month day 12 00 00");

Quoting variables wont interpolate them. They would be treated like literal string.

Try
Code:
dinfo = mktime(year FS month FS day" 12 00 00")

This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date

Hi all, I've used various scripts in the past to work out the date last week from the current date, however I now have a need to work out the date 1 week from a given date. So for example, if I have a date of the 23rd July 2010, I would like a script that can work out that one week back was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract week start,end date from given date in PERL

Hi All, what i want to do in perl is i should give the date at run time .Suppose date given is 23/12/2011(mm/dd/yyyy) the perl script shold find week start date, week end date, previous week start date,end date,next week start date, end date. In this case week start date will be-:12/19/2011... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using date command inside awk

Hi All, bash-3.2$ autorep -J BOX_NAME% -l0 | grep BOX_NAME| awk -f awkScript.awk sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file BOX_NAME SU 06/21/2013 03:44:03 06/21/2013 07:46:37 0 #My awkfile { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year?

how to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How bash treats literal date value and retrieve year, month and date?

Hi, I am trying to add few (say 3 days) to sysdate using - date -d '+ 3 days' +%y%m%d and it works as expected. But how to add few (say 3 days) to a literal date value and how bash treats a literal value as a date. Can we say just like in ORACLE TO_DATE that my given literal date value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. -V Display version information and exit. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD