Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 10 posts
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems 10 posts Post 302902257 by useretail on Monday 19th of May 2014 03:46:53 PM
Old 05-19-2014
10 posts

Hey Scott, what's going on? I still can't post. After you sent me private message I can't reply to it. It says I have to have 10 posts to reply. And what do you mean why I need 10 posts - I needed 10 posts to ask a question.

From the beginning:
1. I registered to ask a question.
2. I activated my account via email.
3. When I wanted to create a new thread, message appeared that I have to have 10 posts.
4. I looked for a sub-forum where I can post 10 posts, and there was no such sub-forum.

And you know the rest - I had to be creative.

But the problem is I still can't post or ask/reply to private messages - I need 10 posts. I don't understand - is this some kind of joke or what?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

old posts

this thread, while intended to help address a possible glitch with the bb software, prompted me to take a look at the easliest posts here at unix.com while doing that i found this thread. the post there by neo is fun to read :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

there is a link to see the new posts. but this give only new posts posted today. if i want to see the yesterdays post or all the posts in the posted order(new posts first and so on).. wat should i do?.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

finding my posts

can you please advise how can I find my posts/answers. is there some kind of search that will allow you to "find all posts by this user" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shed
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posts way

Dears, Kindly I'm using the fourm for the first time and I don't know how to send my questions in a post. your clarification is highly appreciated BR. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: engwzwz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View my posts

How can I view a list of my posts.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
PSIGNAL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						PSIGNAL(9)

NAME
psignal, pgsignal, gsignal -- post signal to a process or process group SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/signalvar.h> void psignal(struct proc *p, int signum); void pgsignal(struct pgrp *pgrp, int signum, int checkctty); void gsignal(int pgid, int signum); DESCRIPTION
These functions post a signal to one or more processes. The argument signum common to all three functions should be in the range [1-NSIG]. The psignal() function posts signal number signum to the process represented by the process structure p. With a few exceptions noted below, the target process signal disposition is updated and is marked as runnable, so further handling of the signal is done in the context of the target process after a context switch. Note that psignal() does not by itself cause a context switch to happen. The target process is not marked as runnable in the following cases: o The target process is sleeping uninterruptibly. The signal will be noticed when the process returns from the system call or trap. o The target process is currently ignoring the signal. o If a stop signal is sent to a sleeping process that takes the default action (see sigaction(2)), the process is stopped without awakening it. o SIGCONT restarts a stopped process (or puts them back to sleep) regardless of the signal action (e.g., blocked or ignored). If the target process is being traced psignal() behaves as if the target process were taking the default action for signum. This allows the tracing process to be notified of the signal. The pgsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group described by pgrp. If checkctty is non-zero, the sig- nal will be posted only to processes that have a controlling terminal. pgsignal() is implemented by walking along the process list headed by the field pg_members of the process group structure pointed at by pgrp and calling psignal() as appropriate. If pgrp is NULL no action is taken. The gsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group identified by the group id pgid. gsignal() first finds the group structure associated with pgid, then invokes pgsignal() with the argument checkctty set to zero. If pgid is zero no action is taken. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), signal(9), tsleep(9) BSD
June 22, 1996 BSD