Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating multiple xml tag lines in a file Post 302900972 by Don Cragun on Friday 9th of May 2014 04:44:43 PM
Old 05-09-2014
What have you tried so far?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting multiple xml tag

sorry for the trouble...... i have this file that contains the following: 00:00:21 Queue key, Queue Name= 00:00:21 Sending Message :<EXGC-EXGU xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <trans_id>EXGC</trans_id> <sys_prefix>GSYS</sys_prefix> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some xml tag lines using shell script

I have existing XML file as below, now based on input string in shell script on workordercode i need to create a seprate xml file for e.g if we pass the input string as 184851 then it find the tag data from <workOrder>..</workOrder> and write to a new file and similarly next time if i pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple xml tag value into CSV format

Hi All, Need your assistance on another xml tag related issue. I have a xml file as below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>1234</BILL_NO> <BILL_DATE>01 JAN 2011</BILL_DATE> </BILL> <NAMEINFO> <NAME>ABC</NAME> </NAMEINFO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>5678</BILL_NO>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove some xml tag lines using shell script?

Hi All, My name is Prathyu and I am working as a ETL develper. I have one requirement to create a XML file based on the provided XSD file. As per the Datastage standards Key(repeatable) field does not contain any Null values so I am inserting some dummy tag line to that XML file. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert tag based lines to xml format

Hi All, Can some one help me to convert this line of code to xml format. Thanks in advance, preethy. input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)