Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day Post 302900318 by Showdown on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 08:22:48 AM
Old 05-06-2014
Oracle Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi,

I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today.
i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command
its not working for me.

Code:
ls -l --time-style='+%d/%m/%Y' | grep '06/05/2014' |  awk '{print $7}'

Need suggestion to get the file name and record count of the files.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to list files with specific created date

Hi, Would like to ask, which command is used to list all the files for specific date (says 1st May) and its size, for all files (including its subdirectory), in a mounted NFS disk to HP-UX. I would like to check for the total files came into my disk on 1st May. Very much appreciating your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draculla
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files created before specific date.

There is a system logging a huge amount of data and we need to delete some of the older logs .I mean the files that are created before one week from today. Here is a listing of files that are sitting there: /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/logs # ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 3740694 May... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustafashawky
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find all files created a day back

Hi Guys, My unix is SunOS. I like to find all the files which are created 1 day back. i tried the following command find . -type f -name '*.aud' -mtime +1 This gives me all the files created 48 hours back (2 days) but not one.. Can you let me know where i am going wrong. Thanks,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view files from a specific date/day

I wan to view files in a directory of a specific date. For example a log directory has log files . I want to view the list of the files which were generated on 01-May-2011. Is there any option/proces to perform it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for shell script for listing directories, subdirs containing specific files.

I'm looking for a script which outputs the list of directories and sub directories from root level consisting of specific files. For instance I want shell script to list all the directories and subdirectories containing .txt files.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: super210
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files without specific expression in the file

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 I have the following files. geo2503r05690585.html geo2503r06020612.html geo2503r06250641.html geo2503r06490658.html geo2503r06830686.html geo2503r05860601.html geo2503r06130624.html geo2503r06420648.html geo2503r06590682.html ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest modified or created files recursively

Hi, I want to display latest files (created or modified) recursively in a path. I tried in different ways, but didn't get any desired output: find $path -type f -exec ls -lt {} \; | sort -n -r find $path -type f -printf %p";" | xargs -d ";" ls -t Second one is giving the error:... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files created on specific time

Hello Gurus, I am facing one issue to get a file for a specific time. There are about 300 files created between 6.30 pm to 7.15 pm everyday. Now I wanted only the file which is created on 6.45pm. No other files required. I have used "find" command to get the files, but not getting the expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete all files created in specific year

I have more than 200K files created in year 2017 under directory having size of 50GB. I want to all these files in one shot. Is there any faster option available with find command to delete all these file ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp23029
6 Replies
acctsh(1M)																acctsh(1M)

NAME
acctsh: chargefee, ckpacct, dodisk, lastlogin, monacct, nulladm, prctmp, prdaily, prtacct, shutacct, startup, turnacct - shell procedures for accounting SYNOPSIS
login-name number [blocks] [files ...] number file [mmdd] file [heading] [reason] DESCRIPTION
Can be invoked to charge a number of units to login-name. A record is written to to be merged with other accounting records during the night. Should be initiated via It periodically checks the size of If the size exceeds blocks, 1000 by default, is invoked with argument switch. If the number of free disk blocks in the file system falls below 500, automatically turns off the collection of process accounting records via the argument to When at least this number of blocks is restored, the accounting will be activated again. This feature is sensitive to the frequency at which is executed, usually by Should be invoked by to perform the disk accounting functions. By default, it will do disk accounting on the special files in If the flag is used, it does a slower version of disk accounting by login directory. files specifies the one or more filesystem names where disk accounting is to be done. If files is used, disk accounting will be done on these filesystems only. If the flag is used, files should be mount points of mounted filesystem. If omitted, they should be the special file names of mountable filesystems. Invoked by to update which shows the last date on which each user logged in (see runacct(1M)). Should be invoked once each month or each accounting period. number indicates which month or period it is. If number is not given, it defaults to the current month (01 through 12). This default is useful if is to executed via on the first day of each month. creates summary files in and restarts summary files in Creates file with mode 664 and ensures that owner and group are It is called by various accounting shell procedures. Can be used to print the session record file normally created by (see acctcon(1M)). Invoked by (see runacct(1M)) to format a report of the previous day's accounting data. The report resides in where mmdd is the month and day of the report. The current daily accounting reports may be printed by typing prdaily. Previous days' accounting reports can be printed by using the mmdd option and specifying the exact report date desired. The flag prints a report of exceptional usage by login id for the specifed date. Previous daily reports are cleaned up and therefore inaccessible after each invocation of The flag prints a report of exceptional resource usage by command, and can be used on current day's accounting data only. Can be used to format and print any total accounting file. Should be invoked during a system shutdown to turn process accounting off and append a "reason" record to Should be called by system startup scripts to turn the accounting on whenever the system is brought up. An interface to (see acct(1M)) to turn process accounting or The argument turns accounting off, moves the current to the next free name in then turns accounting back on again. (incr is a number starting with and incrementing by one for each additional file.) is called by and thus can be run under and used to keep to a reasonable size. FILES
holds all accounting commands listed in section(1M) of this manual accumulator for fees working directory current file for per-process accounting used if gets large, and during execution of daily accounting procedure contains the limits for exceptional usage by command name contains the limits for exceptional usage by login id summary directory, should be saved login/logoff summary SEE ALSO
acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), cron(1M), diskusg(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctsh(1M)