Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day Post 302900318 by Showdown on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 08:22:48 AM
Old 05-06-2014
Oracle Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi,

I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today.
i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command
its not working for me.

Code:
ls -l --time-style='+%d/%m/%Y' | grep '06/05/2014' |  awk '{print $7}'

Need suggestion to get the file name and record count of the files.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to list files with specific created date

Hi, Would like to ask, which command is used to list all the files for specific date (says 1st May) and its size, for all files (including its subdirectory), in a mounted NFS disk to HP-UX. I would like to check for the total files came into my disk on 1st May. Very much appreciating your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draculla
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files created before specific date.

There is a system logging a huge amount of data and we need to delete some of the older logs .I mean the files that are created before one week from today. Here is a listing of files that are sitting there: /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/logs # ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 3740694 May... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustafashawky
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find all files created a day back

Hi Guys, My unix is SunOS. I like to find all the files which are created 1 day back. i tried the following command find . -type f -name '*.aud' -mtime +1 This gives me all the files created 48 hours back (2 days) but not one.. Can you let me know where i am going wrong. Thanks,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view files from a specific date/day

I wan to view files in a directory of a specific date. For example a log directory has log files . I want to view the list of the files which were generated on 01-May-2011. Is there any option/proces to perform it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for shell script for listing directories, subdirs containing specific files.

I'm looking for a script which outputs the list of directories and sub directories from root level consisting of specific files. For instance I want shell script to list all the directories and subdirectories containing .txt files.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: super210
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files without specific expression in the file

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 I have the following files. geo2503r05690585.html geo2503r06020612.html geo2503r06250641.html geo2503r06490658.html geo2503r06830686.html geo2503r05860601.html geo2503r06130624.html geo2503r06420648.html geo2503r06590682.html ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest modified or created files recursively

Hi, I want to display latest files (created or modified) recursively in a path. I tried in different ways, but didn't get any desired output: find $path -type f -exec ls -lt {} \; | sort -n -r find $path -type f -printf %p";" | xargs -d ";" ls -t Second one is giving the error:... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files created on specific time

Hello Gurus, I am facing one issue to get a file for a specific time. There are about 300 files created between 6.30 pm to 7.15 pm everyday. Now I wanted only the file which is created on 6.45pm. No other files required. I have used "find" command to get the files, but not getting the expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete all files created in specific year

I have more than 200K files created in year 2017 under directory having size of 50GB. I want to all these files in one shot. Is there any faster option available with find command to delete all these file ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp23029
6 Replies
lif(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    lif(4)

NAME
lif - logical interchange format description DESCRIPTION
LIF (Logical Interchange Format) is a Hewlett-Packard standard mass-storage format that can be used for interchange of files among various HP computer systems. A LIF volume contains a header (identifying it as a LIF volume) and a directory that defines the contents (i.e. files) of the volume. The size of the directory is fixed when the volume is initialized (see lifinit(1)) and sets an upper bound on the number of files that can be created on the volume. HP-UX contains a set of utilities (referred to as lif*(1)) that can be used to: o Initialize a LIF volume (i.e. create a header and an empty directory), o Copy files to and from LIF volumes, o List the contents of LIF volumes, o Remove LIF files, o Rename LIF files. The lif*(1) utilities are the only utilities within HP-UX where the internal structure of a LIF volume is known. To the rest of HP-UX, a LIF volume is simply a file containing some unspecified data. The term LIF volume should in no way be confused with the HP-UX notion of a file system volume or mountable volume. LIF utilities on HP-UX currently support three file types, ASCII (1), BINARY (-2) and BIN (-23951). Three copying modes are associated with these file types: If the copying mode is ASCII and an HP-UX file is being copied to a LIF volume, the utility strips the trailing LF (line-feed) character, and inserts two bytes of record length in front of each record. These records are then written to a LIF-formatted medium. When copying a LIF ASCII file to HP-UX the two-byte record length is stripped and a trailing LF is appended. These records are then written to the destination. In this mode of copying, the length of the file is preserved. The default file type for this mode of copying is ASCII (1). If the copying mode is and an HP-UX file is being copied to a LIF volume, the utility simply inserts two bytes for record length in front of each 1-Kbyte record. A trailing fractional block has a count reflecting the number of bytes in that block. No interpretation is placed on the content of the records. These records are then written to a LIF-format medium. When copying a LIF file to an HP-UX file in copying mode, the record lengths are stripped and the content of records is directly written to the destination. In this mode of copying, the length of the binary file is preserved. The default file type for this mode of copying is (-2). If the copying mode is RAW, and an HP-UX file is being copied to a LIF volume, the utility simply copies the raw data to the destination. File sizes that are not integer multiples of 256 bytes are padded with nulls to the next higher multiple. Therefore, When copying a LIF file to an HP-UX file in RAW mode, the information is copied directly without any interpretation placed on the content of the source. The default file type for this mode of copying is (-23951). A LIF volume can be created on any HP-UX file (either regular disk file or device special file) that supports random access via (see lseek(2)). lif*(1) utilities. See lifinit(1) for details. Within a LIF volume, individual files are identified by 1- to 10-character file names. File names can consist of uppercase alphanumeric characters (A through Z, 0 through 9) and the underscore character (_). The first character of a LIF file name must be a letter (A through Z). The lif*(1) utilities accept any file name (including illegal file names generated on other systems), but can only create legal names. This means that files whose names contain lowercase letters can be read but not created. LIF file names are specified to the lif*(1) utilities by concatenating the HP-UX path name for the LIF volume followed by the LIF file name, separating the two with a colon For example: specifies LIF file accessed via HP-UX device special file specifies LIF file within HP-UX disk file Note that this file-naming convention is applicable only for use as arguments to the lif*(1) utilities, and does not constitute valid path naming for any other use within the HP-UX operating system. lif*(1) utilities. SEE ALSO
lifcp(1), lifinit(1), lifls(1), lifrename(1), lifrm(1). lif(4)