Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to upgrade SSH/SSL on AIX servers? Post 302900233 by spacebar on Monday 5th of May 2014 03:39:44 PM
Old 05-05-2014
This User Gave Thanks to spacebar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

FTP client for HP-UX that supports SFTP/SSL/SSH

Can anyone recommend some good/reliable FTP clients for HP-UX that support SFTP/SSL/SSH and have a command line interface? They need not be "free" (license). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxshop
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH/SSL wrapper

My IRC client does not support SSL, so I was wondering if there was any other way to encrypt the information between SSL clients on an IRC network, maybe by using SSH to enter the IRC program or something (it's a command-line program) and passing all the plain-text through SSH first. I tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
0 Replies

3. AIX

Installing SSL certificate on AIX

Hello, I am new in UNIX, and some one asks me to install SSL certificates to allow exchange with an external system. Can someone tell how to install certificate (ex : verisignxxx.cer) on a UNIX server? Many thanks. Tibo (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tibo51
4 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone Servers Level Upgrade

Hi All, I am planning to do the Solaris level upgrade from "Solaris 10 1/06 s10s_u1wos_19a" to "Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a" with 7 Non-global zones on it..... I have done Level upgrade for Solaris 10 boxes without Non-global zones..... Can any one let me know, whether it is possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indradev
8 Replies

6. Solaris

How to upgrade firmware for disks inside servers?

Hi All, Recently I'm being request by customer to upgrade firmware for one of the disk but not from storage and is from server it self. The patch no is 116370-15, when I found it, I only see instructions on how to download for storage disks but not for server disks. All guru here please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
0 Replies

7. AIX

ssh interruption after aix os upgrade

Hi Through nimadm (alt_disk_install) we done aix os upgrade in 3 lpars from aix 5.3 to aix 6.1. upgrade was successful. After the upgrade users complained on their ssh keys. Does upgrading aix version affects the user's ssh keys ? If so please suggest on options to correct them. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. AIX

Installing Open SSL on AIX 6.1

Hello, I want to install openssl-1.0.1c-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm on IBM AIX 6.1 server machine and when I try to install the same as : rpm -ivh openssl-1.0.1c-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpmI get the error saying that it needs the following dependencies : error: failed dependencies: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Force ssl/ssh to use the hosts file

does anyone know how to force ssh/ssl to use the hosts file instead of DNS? I have disabled the DNS servers but ssh still will not resolve a host in the hosts file. thanks in advance for the help! DS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derrell simpson
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)