Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort based on certain value in a column Post 302899996 by redse171 on Friday 2nd of May 2014 05:43:43 PM
Old 05-02-2014
Hi rdrtx1,

i tried but got this error: "function asort never defined". It seems that i could not use "asort".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort on second column only based on first column

I have an input file like this... AAAlkalines Energizer AAAlkalines Energizer AAAlkalines Energizer AAAlkalines Sunlight AAAlkalines Sunlight AAAlkalines Sunlight AAAlkalines Energizer AAAlkalines Energizer AAAlkalines Energizer AAASalines ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file based on column

Hi, My input file is $cat samp 1 siva 1 raja 2 siva 1 siva 2 raja 4 venkat i want sort this name wise...alos need to remove duplicate lines. i am using cat samp|awk '{print $2,$1}'|sort -u it showing raja 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort a column based on numerical ascending order if it includes e-10?

I have a column of numbers in the following format: 1.722e-05 2.018e-05 2.548e-05 2.747e-05 7.897e-05 4.016e-05 4.613e-05 4.613e-05 5.151e-05 5.151e-05 5.151e-05 6.1e-05 6.254e-05 7.04e-05 7.12e-05 7.12e-05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort command in one column and not effect to another column

If my data is numerical : 1 = 101 2 = 102 3 = 104 4 = 104 7 = 103 8 = 103 9 = 105 I need the result like below: 1 = 101 2 = 102 3 = 103 4 = 103 7 = 104 8 = 104 9 = 105 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeodusT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on column 1, not working with awk

Hi Guru, I need some help regarding awking the output so it only show the first line (based on column) of each row. So If column has 1, three row, then it only show the first line of that row, based on similar character in column 1. So i am trying to achieve a sort, based on column one and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sort to sort numerical column

How to sort the following output based on lowest to highest BE? The following sort does not work. $ sort -t. -k1,1n -k2,2n bfd.txt BE31.116 0s 0s DOWN DAMP BE31.116 0s 0s DOWN DAMP BE31.117 0s 0s ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort based on one column

Hi All , I am having an input file like this Input file 7 sks/jsjssj/ddjd/hjdjd/hdhd/Q 10 0.5 13 dkdkd/djdjd/djdjd/djd/QB 01 0.5 ldld/dkd/jdf/fjfjf/fjf/Q 0.5 10 sjs/jsdd/djdkd/dhd/Q 01 0.5 21 kdkd/djdd/djdd/jdd/djd/QB 01 0.5 dkdld/djdjd/djd/Q 01 0.5 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
9 Replies
t_error(3)						     Library Functions Manual							t_error(3)

NAME
t_error() - produce error message SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function produces a language-dependent message on the standard error output which describes the last error encountered during a call to a transport function. The argument string errmsg is a user-supplied error message that gives context to the error. The error message is written as follows: First if errmsg is not a null pointer and the character pointed to be errmsg is not the null character, the string pointed to by errmsg is written followed by a colon and a space. Then a standard error message string for the current error defined in is written. If has a value different from [TSYSERR], the standard error message string is followed by a newline character. If, however, is equal to [TSYSERR], the string is followed by the standard error message string for the current error defined in followed by a newline. The language for error message strings written by is implementation-defined. If it is in English, the error message string describing the value in is identical to the comments following the codes defined in The contents of the error message strings describing the value in are the same as those returned by the function with an argument of To simplify variant formatting of messages, the array of message strings is provided; can be used as an index in this table to get the mes- sage string without the newline. The variable is the largest message number provided for in the table. The error number, is only set when an error occurs and it is not cleared on successful calls. Valid States All - apart from Fork Safety is not fork-safe. RETURN VALUE
For XTI, upon completion, a value of 0 is returned. TLI does not return a value. ERRORS
No errors are defined for the function. EXAMPLES
If a function fails on transport endpoint fd2 because a bad address was given, the following call might follow the failure: The diagnostic message to be printer would look like: where identifies the specific error that occurred, and tells the user which function failed on which transport endpoint. FILES
NLS message catalog for TLI SEE ALSO
thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
t_error(3)