Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string Post 302899976 by rdrtx1 on Friday 2nd of May 2014 04:29:37 PM
Old 05-02-2014
try:
Code:
sed 's/VAL-D"OR/VAL-D\x27OR/' in

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single or double quote in SED

i m trying the following command but its not working: sed 's/find/\'replace\'/g' myFile but the sed enters into new line # sed 's/find/re\'place/g' myFile > I havn't any idea how to put single quote in my replace string. Your early help woud be appreciated. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asami
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace string that contain blackslash,double quotes

Hi All, I have been trying to replace a string using the sed command string value contain blackslash and double quotes. I am not a expert writer of unix script but do try not to ask question. I have almost given up. Hope you all can give me some suggestion I want to replace a place string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanush9sep
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes inside the string data for all the columns

Please use code tags Hi, I have input data is below format and n of column in the multiple flat files. the string data has any double quotes(") values replaced to double double quotes for all the columns{""). Also, my input flat file each column string data has carriage of new line too.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSrini
14 Replies
ao_string_tokenize(3)						Programmer's Manual					     ao_string_tokenize(3)

NAME
ao_string_tokenize - tokenize an input string SYNOPSIS
#include <your-opts.h> cc [...] -o outfile infile.c -lopts [...] token_list_t* ao_string_tokenize(char const* string); DESCRIPTION
This function will convert one input string into a list of strings. The list of strings is derived by separating the input based on white space separation. However, if the input contains either single or double quote characters, then the text after that character up to a matching quote will become the string in the list. The returned pointer should be deallocated with free(3C) when are done using the data. The data are placed in a single block of allocated memory. Do not deallocate individual token/strings. The structure pointed to will contain at least these two fields: tkn_ct The number of tokens found in the input string. tok_list An array of tkn_ct + 1 pointers to substring tokens, with the last pointer set to NULL. There are two types of quoted strings: single quoted (') and double quoted ("). Singly quoted strings are fairly raw in that escape char- acters () are simply another character, except when preceding the following characters: double backslashes reduce to one ' incorporates the single quote into the string 0fP suppresses both the backslash and newline character Double quote strings are formed according to the rules of string constants in ANSI-C programs. string string to be tokenized RETURN VALUE
pointer to a structure that lists each token ERRORS
NULL is returned and errno will be set to indicate the problem: EINVAL - There was an unterminated quoted string. ENOENT - The input string was empty. ENOMEM - There is not enough memory. @end itemize EXAMPLES
#include <stdlib.h> int ix; token_list_t* ptl = ao_string_tokenize( some_string ) for (ix = 0; ix < ptl->tkn_ct; ix++) do_something_with_tkn( ptl->tkn_list[ix] ); free( ptl ); Note that everything is freed with the one call to free(3C). SEE ALSO
The info documentation for the -lopts library. configFileLoad(3), optionFileLoad(3), optionFindNextValue(3), optionFindValue(3), optionFree(3), optionGetValue(3), optionLoadLine(3), optionNextValue(3), optionOnlyUsage(3), optionProcess(3), optionRestore(3), optionSaveFile(3), optionSaveState(3), optionUnloadNested(3), optionVersion(3), pathfind(3), strequate(3), streqvcmp(3), streqvmap(3), strneqvcmp(3), strtransform(3), 2010-07-05 ao_string_tokenize(3)