Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris10(x86) display goes blank Post 302899890 by Solaris_Begin on Friday 2nd of May 2014 08:12:50 AM
Old 05-02-2014
Hi
Modified the grub to the following and tried boot.

Quote:
grub edit> kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot -B console=force-text
Am I missing something?

additionally,
checked the syslog, it shows errors related to PCI device.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 on external drives

Hi guys. Am about to install Solaris10 x86 and I was wondering if there are any news as to whether it is possible or not to install the os on an external drive, especially firewire, I suppose I will have to open my tower and put in the drive to install it..the machine I want to put it on,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSDDomi
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to load a Sunix/Initio Sata card on Solaris10/x86

Hi All, Anyone has configured a Sunix Sata S150 card (AKA Initio Inic-1622) + disk in a Solaris10/x86 05/09 system? I wondered what to do to get it running. The Sunix card does not come with a Solaris driver ;-( The card is seen by the system as the prtconf -v output shows (see below at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris10 x86 stop at GRUB

Dear All I am using Core2Duo processor on G31 chipset motherboard with 1 Gb RAM and 20 GB IDE HDD. I tried to install Solaris 10 from DVD and it installs Successfully without any error. after the first reboot it stop at GRUB prompt. I tried to many times with different partitions layout,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jineetech
9 Replies

7. Solaris

X86 solaris10 suddenly stopped mounting flashdrive

I can't mount flash drives and dvd drives on my x86 solaris 10. The error message appears after login; sd_media_watch_cb: dev gone. When I issue #mount /usb, it first shows disk is mounted or busy, and '/dev/dsk/c3t0d0p1 - there is no such device or address' when I repeat it. But the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies
GRUB-PROBE(8)						  System Administration Utilities					     GRUB-PROBE(8)

NAME
grub-probe - probe device information for GRUB SYNOPSIS
grub-probe [OPTION]... [PATH|DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
Probe device information for a given path (or device, if the -d option is given). -d, --device given argument is a system device, not a path -m, --device-map=FILE use FILE as the device map [default=/boot/grub/device.map] -t, --target=(fs|fs_uuid|fs_label|drive|device|partmap|abstraction) print filesystem module, GRUB drive, system device, partition map module or abstraction module [default=fs] -h, --help display this message and exit -V, --version print version information and exit -v, --verbose print verbose messages REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-fstest(1) The full documentation for grub-probe is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-probe programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-probe should give you access to the complete manual. grub-probe (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-PROBE(8)