Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp Post 302899585 by Makarand Dodmis on Wednesday 30th of April 2014 08:35:16 AM
Old 04-30-2014
try

Code:
 netstat -p | grep "connections closed"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

tcp port always closed in inetd

sco unix 5.0.x, several weeks ago, I add a telnet-like service in inetd.conf, it runs well for 100 network terminals. But nowdays, the terminals can connect to server successfully after booting machine, but several hours later, can not connect. "netstat -p tcp -a" can NOT find the port in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shark_gao
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread was closed without a valid reason

Dear Administrators, I think Mr. Vino is one of your Moderators here because he closes this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=302086230#post302086230 without a valid reason. Rule 7 states no headhunters or recruiters, but career advice is not prohibited here i think, because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
2 Replies

3. SCO

all tcp are CLOSED on SCO Unix on VMWARE

Hi folks, First of all, sorry about my english, isn't the best and thks for advance. Here es my problem... I have virtualize an SCO unix with VMware ESX 3 and everything was going on beatifull until that i try to connect from anorther host, i can't do it so i check the connection with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martocapo
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP?

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP? I am using CentOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to kill the TCP ESTABLISHED connection in netstat

Hello, Actually there are some bugs in application which does not close the TCP connection to other server though CORBA. We need to kill that ESTABLISHED connections as new connection are not happeneing as the allocated ports were used and showing as ESTABLISHED Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Connections closed for all applications

I've recently installed Solaris 10 10/9 in a new Dell Power Edge 630. Whenever I try to telnet, ssh, or FTP TO this box FROM another box on the same network segment, the following occurs: Roughly 80% of the time I get "Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused" The remaining 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvaughn
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Connections not shown in netstat output

I have a TCPIP server application (a Vendor package) which by default allows 10 connections. It provides a parameter to allow us to increase the maximum allowable connections in case it is needed. Intermittently this application is failing with maximum number of connections reached even when there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_user
1 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)