Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scheduling scripts with "at" command Post 302898617 by Anamica on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 04:14:58 AM
Old 04-23-2014
what i know that we can schedule any task to be do executed now or at any point of time in future only once from the command line
e.g

[code]
$ at 2:00
cd << path where the executable resides>
ssh <localhostname> << path where the executable resides>> myscript1.sh &

Ctrl +D

Last edited by Anamica; 04-23-2014 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: typo correction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script scheduling problem using "at" command

Hello! I'm writing a shell script that will monitor if a server is up or down. I would like to use the command "at" inside of my script to reschedule the script to run in 2 minutes but I can't pass parameters to my script and this is my problem... This is the idea behind the script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ben631
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The "PS" command was displaying*terminals named as "SYSCON"

Hi, When typing the command ps -fe.the system is showing a process called SYSCON:confused:.... I am not sure what process is that.I hava a script that kills all command staring with 'sys' but i don't want to kill syscon:( since i think it is some system process:confused: .Please help me to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranjose85
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
WDMD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   WDMD(8)

NAME
wdmd - watchdog multiplexing daemon SYNOPSIS
wdmd [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This daemon opens /dev/watchdog and allows multiple independent sources to detmermine whether each KEEPALIVE is done. Every test interval (10 seconds), the daemon tests each source. If any test fails, the KEEPALIVE is not done. In a standard configuration, the watchdog timer will reset the system if no KEEPALIVE is done for 60 seconds ("fire timeout"). This means that if single test fails 5-6 times in row, the watchdog will fire and reset the system. With multiple test sources, fewer separate failures back to back can also cause a reset, e.g. T seconds, P pass, F fail T00: test1 P, test2 P, test3 P: KEEPALIVE done T10: test1 F, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T20: test1 F, test2 P, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T30: test1 P, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T40: test1 P, test2 P, test3 F: KEEPALIVE skipped T50: test1 F, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T60: test1 P, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T60: watchdog fires, system resets (Depending on timings, the system may be reset sometime shortly before T60, and the tests at T60 would not be run.) A crucial aspect to the design and function of wdmd is that if any single source does not pass tests for the fire timeout, the watchdog is guaranteed to fire, regardless of whether other sources on the system have passed or failed. A spurious reset due to the combined effects of multiple failing tests as shown above, is an accepted side effect. wdmd will exit if a watchdog driver is not loaded. wdmd cannot be used on the system with any other program that needs to open /dev/watchdog, e.g. watchdog(8). Test Source: clients Using libwdmd, programs connect to wdmd via a unix socket, and send regular messages to wdmd to update an expiry time for their connection. Every test interval, wdmd will check if the expiry time for a connection has been reached. If so, the test for that client fails. (Other test sources such as scripts executed each test interval may be added in the future.) OPTIONS
-D Enable debugging to stderr and don't fork. -H num Enable (1) or disable (0) high priority features such as realtime scheduling priority and mlockall. Default 1. 2011-08-01 WDMD(8)