Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to loop script for multiple file? Post 302898342 by quincyjones on Monday 21st of April 2014 02:47:35 PM
Old 04-21-2014
How to loop script for multiple file?

hi, i am running a java script on few thousand files (e1.rnk....en.rnk) but manually,. is there any way to run it automatically by changing the output directory (-out) ?

thanx in advance
ex:

Code:
java -jar commands -res /path/e1.rnk -out /path/e1 -gui false
java -jar commands -res /path/e2.rnk -out /path/e2 -gui false
java -jar commands -res /path/en.rnk -out /path/en -gui false

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to manipulate a script and store it in multiple output files

I have a script where the the 9th line looks like this: $filename=sprintf("250.1chr%d.ped", $N); I want to modify this script 1000 times, changing 250.1chr%d.ped to 250.2chr%d.ped, 250.3chr%.ped.......and so on all the way to 250.1000chr%d.ped and store each output in files called ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Shell Script To Loop Program Through Multiple Text Files

Hello, So I have approximately 300 files of raw data (.txt) files that I am using to perform statistical analysis. I have been able to construct a Fortran program that is able to perform my statistical analysis on a file by file basis. However, I now want to be able to loop program through... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading file with multiple conditions

Hi Am trying to print the PIDs of process in a file and trying to grep any PID from that file I set the if condition as $value != "PID" and $value != "-" Assign that number to a variable Am confused since am using while loop to read the line from file and again if condition to check those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop?

Hi Fellows, I was wondering how I can remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop in unix? e.g. water123.xyz water456.xyz to 123.xyz 456.xyz Thanks Paul Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop multiple directory, find a file and send email

Hello ALL, need a BASH script who find file and send email with attachment. I have 50 folders without sub directories in each generated files of different sizes but with a similar name Rp01.txt Rp02.txt Rp03.txt ...etc. Each directors bound by mail group, I need a script that goes as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penchev
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through multiple files in bash script

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie to shell scripting, and I'd appreciate some help. I have a bunch of .txt files that have some unwanted content. I want to remove lines 1-3 and 1028-1098. #!/bin/bash for '*.txt' in <path to folder> do sed '1,3 d' "$f"; sed '1028,1098 d' "$f"; done I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BabyNuke
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs a jar into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installjar [option]... [pom] [jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Installs the jar file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. The jar is copied into the build directory. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [jar] is the path to the jar to install, usually located in the build folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -d<path> --dest-jar=<path>: Optional, the destination for the real jar. The other places where the jar appears, in the repository or in the list of links, will be symlinks to this jar. Defaults to /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar if --java-lib is used, otherwise the jar is installed in the versioned path in the Maven reposi- tory. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installsite(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)