Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need automation script executing on multiple servers from one server Post 302898288 by jayan_jay on Monday 21st of April 2014 07:14:20 AM
Old 04-21-2014
What you have tried so far ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing certain commands on different servers from one server only

hi I wish to fire certain set of commands on different servers using single script on one of the server. The problem is that these servers only allow ssh session. telnet to these systems is blocked. Is there any way i can do this as rsh does not works. Regards Rochit (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script ftp multiple servers

Hi guys , i have 1 problem and no find what is the problem...:confused:, and .netrc is configured and correct permissions... REMOTE="/home/user" LISTADO=`cat /root/home/user/LISTADO.txt` MACHINE=$(echo $i|awk 'FS="|" {print $1}') for i in $LISTADO do ftp $MACHINE <<TER passive prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esquizo000
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers through script is having some problem

Hi Everybody, I am bit new to shell scripting. I need some help in my script. I have to login into 15 servers and check some logs daily. For that I've written one shell script, somewhere it is having some problems. After log into the first server, the script is not going with the next steps.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to run on multiple mail servers..

Hello, I am a Unix newbie and I need a script in which I can run a command on multiple servers at work. The command is to start a storage process and I am sick of doing it manually on all servers.. Here's the command: /opt/bss/bin/snmptable -CB -v2c -c P67LzuBm hostname hrStorageTable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinyyy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script to copy code to multiple servers

Hi, I am new to scripting and i am trying to use below script to copy code to multiple servers and multiple locations on each server. the script is not working or doesnt give any error. Any help is appreciated. basically i want a script to get the code from a location (dir below) and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron0612
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping multiple servers

Hi I did the following script to ping multiple servers, but I keep on receiveing duplicate emails for one server that is down: #!/bin/bash date cat /var/tmp/servers.list | while read output do ping -c 1 "$output" > /dev/null if ; then echo "node $output is up" else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)