Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2 Post 302897253 by Franklin52 on Saturday 12th of April 2014 11:51:21 AM
Old 04-12-2014
This should be more efficient:
Code:
awk -F"[# ]" 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$1;next}$NF in a {print $1, $2, a[$NF]}' list.txt testfile.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Second Row to First Row @ end in a file

Hi I want to append line 2n to 2n-1 line where n=1...LastLine in my file. eg: Actual File: Hello Everyone Welcome TO Unix I need Your help Required File: HelloEveryone WelcomeTO Unix I needYour help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get a group of line from different file and put them into one file row by row

hi guys, today i'm stuck in a new problem. the title explain more or less but a particular had been omitted. So i'm going to describe below the situation with an example. I have different html files and each of them have a consecutive lines group inside that i want to extract. example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbobotex
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read row number from 1 file and print that row of second file

Hi. How can I read row number from one file and print that corresponding record present at that row in another file. eg file1 1 3 5 7 9 file2 11111 22222 33333 44444 55555 66666 77777 88888 99999 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to fill the entire row of Excel file with color based on pattern match

Hi All , I have to write one Perl script in which I need to read one pre-existing xls and based on pattern match for one word in some cells of the XLS , I need to fill the entire row with one color of that matched cell and write the content to another excel Please find the below stated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every alternate column in row in a text file

Hi, I have a comma separated file. I would like to print every alternate columns into a new row. Example input file: Name : John, Age : 30, DOB : 30-Oct-2018 Example output: Name,Age,DOB John,30,30-Oct-2018 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lini
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)