Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2 Post 302897253 by Franklin52 on Saturday 12th of April 2014 11:51:21 AM
Old 04-12-2014
This should be more efficient:
Code:
awk -F"[# ]" 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$1;next}$NF in a {print $1, $2, a[$NF]}' list.txt testfile.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Second Row to First Row @ end in a file

Hi I want to append line 2n to 2n-1 line where n=1...LastLine in my file. eg: Actual File: Hello Everyone Welcome TO Unix I need Your help Required File: HelloEveryone WelcomeTO Unix I needYour help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get a group of line from different file and put them into one file row by row

hi guys, today i'm stuck in a new problem. the title explain more or less but a particular had been omitted. So i'm going to describe below the situation with an example. I have different html files and each of them have a consecutive lines group inside that i want to extract. example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbobotex
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read row number from 1 file and print that row of second file

Hi. How can I read row number from one file and print that corresponding record present at that row in another file. eg file1 1 3 5 7 9 file2 11111 22222 33333 44444 55555 66666 77777 88888 99999 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to fill the entire row of Excel file with color based on pattern match

Hi All , I have to write one Perl script in which I need to read one pre-existing xls and based on pattern match for one word in some cells of the XLS , I need to fill the entire row with one color of that matched cell and write the content to another excel Please find the below stated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every alternate column in row in a text file

Hi, I have a comma separated file. I would like to print every alternate columns into a new row. Example input file: Name : John, Age : 30, DOB : 30-Oct-2018 Example output: Name,Age,DOB John,30,30-Oct-2018 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lini
3 Replies
FBSQL_FETCH_ASSOC(3)							 1						      FBSQL_FETCH_ASSOC(3)

fbsql_fetch_assoc - Fetch a result row as an associative array

SYNOPSIS
array fbsql_fetch_assoc (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
Calling fbsql_fetch_assoc(3) is equivalent to calling fbsql_fetch_array(3) with FBSQL_ASSOC as second parameter. It only returns an asso- ciative array. This is the way fbsql_fetch_array(3) originally worked. If you need the numeric indices as well as the associative, use fbsql_fetch_array(3). An important thing to note is that using fbsql_fetch_assoc(3) is NOT significantly slower than using fbsql_fetch_row(3), while it provides a significant added value. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. If two or more columns of the result have the same field names, the last column will take precedence. To access the other column(s) of the same name, you must use fbsql_fetch_array(3) and have it return the numeric indices as well. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_fetch_assoc(3) example <?php fbsql_connect($host, $user, $password); $result = fbsql_db_query("database", "select * from table"); while ($row = fbsql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row["user_id"]; echo $row["fullname"]; } fbsql_free_result($result); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_fetch_row(3), fbsql_fetch_array(3), fbsql_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_FETCH_ASSOC(3)