Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file? Post 302896545 by reignangel2003 on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 05:26:24 AM
Old 04-08-2014
how will i be able to pass parameter to this sql file. what i want is to removed the prompt command and replace it with a unix variable say client_id

main.sql

Code:
set verify off
set serverout on
set timing on
set linesize 120
undefine client_id
accept client_id prompt 'Enter Client ID for EDW On-boarding:'
@create_1.sql &client_id
@create_2.sql &client_id
@create_3.sql &client_id
@create_4.sql &client_id
@create_5.sql &client_id

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass a variable to an update sql statement inside a loop

hi all, i am experiencing an error which i think an incorrect syntax for the where clause passing a variable was given. under is my code. sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${SID} << END1 >> $LOGFILE whenever sqlerror exit set serveroutput on size 1000000 declare l_rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To pass multiple arguments from file in to an sql query

Hi all , I want to pass contents from a file say f1 as arguments to a sql query which has In statement using a script example select * from table_1 where login in ( `cat f1`) ; will this work or is there any other way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line arg to sql file

Hi all, How to pass the command line argument to a sql file Script: #!/bin/ksh if ] ; then test.sql fi My Sql Informix DB: echo "select * from table where col1 = 2234 and col2 = '$3'"|dbaccess ddname But im getting `:' unexpected error (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to pass all sql file names in a directory to DB query

Hi All, In this path /home/all_files we have follwing files and direcotries proc_edf_sot.sql proc_ssc_sot.sql func_dfg_sot.sql sot unic cmr sdc under sot directory we have other directories sql pas ref under sql directory we have sql_sot sql_mat (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies
DBLINK_OPEN(3)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					    DBLINK_OPEN(3)

NAME
dblink_open - opens a cursor in a remote database SYNOPSIS
dblink_open(text cursorname, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text dblink_open(text connname, text cursorname, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text DESCRIPTION
dblink_open() opens a cursor in a remote database. The cursor can subsequently be manipulated with dblink_fetch() and dblink_close(). ARGUMENTS
conname Name of the connection to use; omit this parameter to use the unnamed connection. cursorname The name to assign to this cursor. sql The SELECT statement that you wish to execute in the remote database, for example select * from pg_class. fail_on_error If true (the default when omitted) then an error thrown on the remote side of the connection causes an error to also be thrown locally. If false, the remote error is locally reported as a NOTICE, and the function's return value is set to ERROR. RETURN VALUE
Returns status, either OK or ERROR. NOTES
Since a cursor can only persist within a transaction, dblink_open starts an explicit transaction block (BEGIN) on the remote side, if the remote side was not already within a transaction. This transaction will be closed again when the matching dblink_close is executed. Note that if you use dblink_exec to change data between dblink_open and dblink_close, and then an error occurs or you use dblink_disconnect before dblink_close, your change will be lost because the transaction will be aborted. EXAMPLES
SELECT dblink_connect('dbname=postgres'); dblink_connect ---------------- OK (1 row) SELECT dblink_open('foo', 'select proname, prosrc from pg_proc'); dblink_open ------------- OK (1 row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DBLINK_OPEN(3)