Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for an awk command to print strings only if substring is missing Post 302896002 by numele on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 08:13:34 PM
Old 04-03-2014
Thank you Scrutinizer, that works. But it skips the first line of the file if there is a match. I think it's because x is empty until after the first line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print only lines in between two strings using awk

Hi, I want to print only lines in between two strings and not the strings using awk. Eg: OUTPUT top 2 bottom 1 left 0 right 0 page 66 END I want to print into a new file only top 2 bottom 1 left 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl or awk print strings between words

hi everyone, 1.txt 981 I field1 > field2.a: aa, ..si01To:<f:a@a.com>From: <f:a@a.com>;tag=DVNgfRZBZRMi96 <f:a@1:333>;ZZZZZ: 12345 the output field1 field2 <f:a@a.com> the output is cut the string 3rd and 5th field, and get the value betwee "To:" and "From:", please advice. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to loop lines and print substring

The input data: mbeanName: com.sap.default:name=tc~bl~deploy_controller,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServicePerNode,SAP_J2EEClusterNode=3620850,SAP_J2EECluster=XXX Get attribute Properties: {undepl_parallelism_strategy=normal, deployment_forbidden=off, locking_retries=50, suppress_ds_warnings=on,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print strings that match pattern with awk

I have a file with many lines which contain strings like .. etc. But with no rule regarding field separators or anything else. I want to print ONLY THE STRING from each line , not the entire line !!! For example from the lines : Flow on service executed with success in . Performances... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use awk to print strings with anchors?

I have a list of countries and I'm trying to print the country names that start with "A" and end in "a". I can do the first one which gives me the correct output. awk '/^A/ {print $1}' countries.txt but when I try: awk '/^A a$/ {print $1}' countries.txt or even: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print missing and keep sequential ordering if not found

The below awk in bold will look for the ids in file1 in $2 of file2 and if they match print the line in file2. If an id is missing or not found in file2 (like BMPR2 in line4 of file1) I can not figure out how to add it to them to the lines in the output as missing in $3 following the same format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match Strings between two files, print portions of each file together when matched ([g]awk)

I have two files and desire to use the strings from $1 of file 1 (file1.txt) as search criteria to find matches in $2 of file 2 (file2.txt). If matches are found I want to output the entire line of file 2 (file2.txt) followed by fields $2-$11 of file 1 (file1.txt). I can find the matches, I cannot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
if_mpadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      if_mpadm(1M)

NAME
if_mpadm - change operational status of interfaces within a multipathing group SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/if_mpadm -d interface_name /usr/sbin/if_mpadm -r interface_name DESCRIPTION
Use the if_mpadm utility to change the operational status of interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. If the interface is operational, you can use if_mpadm -d to detach or off-line the interface. If the interface is off-lined, use if_mpadm -r to revert it to its original state. When a network interface is off-lined, all network access fails over to a different interface in the IP multipathing group. Any addresses that do not failover are brought down. Network access includes unicast, broadcast, and multicast for IPv4 and unicast and multicast for IPv6. Addresses marked with IFF_NOFAILOVER do not failover. They are marked down. After an interface is off-lined, the system will not use the interface for any outbound or inbound traffic, and the interface can be safely removed from the system without any loss of network access. The if_mpadm utility can be applied only to interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. OPTIONS
The if_mpadm utility supports the following options: -d interface_name Detach or off-line the interface specified by interface_name. -r interface_name Reattach or undo the previous detach or off-line operation on the interface specified by interface_name. Unless the -d option was used to detach or off-line the interface, this option will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Detaching an Interface Use the following command to off-line or detach the interface. All network access will failover from hme0 to other interfaces in the same IP multipathing group. If no other interfaces are in the same group, the operation will fail. example% if_mpadm -d hme0 Example 2: Reattaching an Off-line Interface Use the following command to undo the previous operation. Network access will failback to hme0. example% if_mpdadm -r hme0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
off-line failed as there is no other functional interface available in the multipathing group for failing over the network access. This message means that other interfaces in the group are failed over already or the multipathing configuration was not suitable for com- pleting a failover. off-line cannot be undone because multipathing configuration is not consistent across all the interfaces in the group. This message means that some interfaces in the IP multipathing group are not configured consistently with other interfaces in the group, for example, one of the interfaces in the group does not have an IFF_NOFAILOVER address. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2002 if_mpadm(1M)