Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for an awk command to print strings only if substring is missing Post 302895998 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 06:15:40 PM
Old 04-03-2014
One way with awk:
Code:
awk '/^interface/{print x}1' file |
awk '!/filter-shared 14/ && $1~/move-group/{print $1}' FS='\n' RS=

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print only lines in between two strings using awk

Hi, I want to print only lines in between two strings and not the strings using awk. Eg: OUTPUT top 2 bottom 1 left 0 right 0 page 66 END I want to print into a new file only top 2 bottom 1 left 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl or awk print strings between words

hi everyone, 1.txt 981 I field1 > field2.a: aa, ..si01To:<f:a@a.com>From: <f:a@a.com>;tag=DVNgfRZBZRMi96 <f:a@1:333>;ZZZZZ: 12345 the output field1 field2 <f:a@a.com> the output is cut the string 3rd and 5th field, and get the value betwee "To:" and "From:", please advice. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to loop lines and print substring

The input data: mbeanName: com.sap.default:name=tc~bl~deploy_controller,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServicePerNode,SAP_J2EEClusterNode=3620850,SAP_J2EECluster=XXX Get attribute Properties: {undepl_parallelism_strategy=normal, deployment_forbidden=off, locking_retries=50, suppress_ds_warnings=on,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print strings that match pattern with awk

I have a file with many lines which contain strings like .. etc. But with no rule regarding field separators or anything else. I want to print ONLY THE STRING from each line , not the entire line !!! For example from the lines : Flow on service executed with success in . Performances... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use awk to print strings with anchors?

I have a list of countries and I'm trying to print the country names that start with "A" and end in "a". I can do the first one which gives me the correct output. awk '/^A/ {print $1}' countries.txt but when I try: awk '/^A a$/ {print $1}' countries.txt or even: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print missing and keep sequential ordering if not found

The below awk in bold will look for the ids in file1 in $2 of file2 and if they match print the line in file2. If an id is missing or not found in file2 (like BMPR2 in line4 of file1) I can not figure out how to add it to them to the lines in the output as missing in $3 following the same format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match Strings between two files, print portions of each file together when matched ([g]awk)

I have two files and desire to use the strings from $1 of file 1 (file1.txt) as search criteria to find matches in $2 of file 2 (file2.txt). If matches are found I want to output the entire line of file 2 (file2.txt) followed by fields $2-$11 of file 1 (file1.txt). I can find the matches, I cannot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)