Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Tilde prefix returns invalid home directory. Post 302895987 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 04:37:11 PM
Old 04-03-2014
Read the man page of your shell on each OS!
For example
Code:
man bash

under Tilde Expansion
tells that it simply returns the ~user1 if not found.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for $word in $line returns filenames in the current directory unexpectedly

I am writing a script below, which has 2 loops. The outer one reads file sufffixed with a number and inner inside which loop through each line of the file and display each space delimited string. However, i find that the string printed out in the inner loop includes not only the delimited string in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all images, append unique prefix to name and move to different directory

Hi, I have a directory with Multiple subdirectories and 1000s of pictures (jpg) in each directory. The problem is that each directory has a 001.jpg in them. I want to append a unique name (the directory_name)would be fine. and then move them to one main backup directory once they have been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm -rf ab returns find: `./ab': No such file or directory

Hi Gurus. This is driving me a bit batty. I now if must be a simple matter but I cant find anything that references it. I have a housekeeping script that searches for some huge dump directories then removes them using rm -rf. find ./ -name 'ab' -exec rm -rf {} \; This works but always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinser
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered Windows 2016 DNS server returns SERVFAIL for non-existing doma

I have two DNS resolvers in /etc/resolv.conf file. The top one is Windows DNS server, and the bottom one is my wi-fi router. Please see below. nameserver 192.168.1.126 nameserver 192.168.1.1 In Windows DNS server, the sole "Forward Lookup Zone" is biman.net When I query for host in the zone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)