Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fetching data from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetching data from file Post 302895728 by Amit786 on Wednesday 2nd of April 2014 07:13:35 AM
Old 04-02-2014
Rudic-Are you sure the code you written is right??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching data from sybase using perl

How can I fetch and retreive data(of each result set) of multiple result set from sybase by calling a stored procedure using perl DBI module on an unix solaris environment????? Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem FETCHing Long data type using CURSOR

Currently my Pro*c program is fetching a cloumn which is defined as LONG in oracle db. The data in the column is around 65k. But when I am FETCHing it to a varchar variable, I am only getting 22751 bytes of data using cursor. Is there any limitation on the data which is fetched by a cursor in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manbt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from .csv file

Hi Experts, I have created a table with columns as empname,empid,phone,shiftname. Now I am having a .csv file format which contains the shift datas of the employees. I have to fetch this file and compare with the table I created to send an alert to the specified user. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in fetching a field from a file

I have an input file with contents like : '1LTYSJSD2KQ8KLE' -audit_grp_id , internal error qty < recycle qty requested, skipping record '1LTYSJSD2KQ8KLE' -audit_group_id, 0 records has been written, 1 was skipped '1LTZLJRDFBEWJX9' -audit_grp_id , internal error qty < recycle qty requested,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with fetching data from Oracle database

Here's a database query which looks up the NAME column of PRODUCT table SELECT NAME FROM PRODUCT ; And this query retrieves me the following output SUGAR COCOA HONEY WHEAT CABBAGE CAULI FLOWER Please note the last record CAULI FLOWER contains TWO blank spaces between the two words. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data particular data from the file.

Hi All, I have one fine which contaning the record as below, I need to fetch the number which is in Bold and from second line only URL need to pick. :ABCD C7QyzBXIs58k 1 fdmlksdlkfn ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine)

Team, Presently i am running a script from my local box(i.e jumpbox) to all the remote machines.Basically fetching basic queries like pwd,mkdir,touch etc and i am able to successfully fetch it from my local machine.But when i want to check certain database related queries like the dbstat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies
ICONV(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux							  ICONV(1)

NAME
iconv - Convert encoding of given files from one encoding to another SYNOPSIS
iconv -f encoding [-t encoding] [inputfile]... DESCRIPTION
The iconv program converts the encoding of characters in inputfile, or from the standard input if no filename is specified, from one coded character set to another. The result is written to standard output unless otherwise specified by the --output option. --from-code, -f encoding Convert characters from encoding. --to-code, -t encoding Convert characters to encoding. If not specified the encoding corresponding to the current locale is used. --list, -l List known coded character sets. -c Omit invalid characters from output. --output, -o file Specify output file (instead of stdout). --silent, -s Suppress warnings, but not errors. --verbose Print progress information. --help, -? Give help list. --usage Give a short usage message. --version, -V Print program version. ENCODINGS
The values permitted for --from-code and --to-code can be listed by the iconv --list command, and all combinations of the listed values are supported. Furthermore the following two suffixes are supported: //TRANSLIT When the string "//TRANSLIT" is appended to --to-code, transliteration is activated. This means that when a character cannot be represented in the target character set, it can be approximated through one or several similarly looking characters. //IGNORE When the string "//IGNORE" is appended to --to-code, characters that cannot be represented in the target character set will be silently discarded. AUTHOR
iconv was written by Ulrich Drepper as part of the GNU C Library. This man page was written by Joel Klecker <espy@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. 3rd Berkeley Distribution lenny ICONV(1)