Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 5.8 Upgrade is causing Date format issue. Post 302895071 by hicksd8 on Friday 28th of March 2014 11:49:44 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Are you sure it's the app that's locking users out and not the O/S itself?

Check /etc/user_attr and /etc/default/login for any setting.

If through any means each user tries to login once to per day for three days and fails (eg, via cron), the O/S could be locking the account.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

2. Solaris

setting date format in solaris

Hi, i just want to know how to format date command in solaris. like in linux if i use `date +%s`, it gives me seconds since 1970, but in solaris (sol86) , it is giving %s as result. Is there any different way in solaris Thanks Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Live Upgrade issue with Zones

I 'm running solaris10 u6 with 141414-02. My system is T5220 running 2 Ldoms and 7 zones on primary domain. I 'm tryin to create booth environment on my alternate root disk after breaking the SVM mirroring but it does not go well and stuck at some point , and i have to reboot the system to get rid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Change date format in solaris 10

Hi We have upgraded our sun machine from solaris 9 to solaris 10. Before upgradation the date command output(Solaris 9) Wed Oct 13 09:45:21 IST 2010 But after upgradation the output for date is as below(solaris 10). Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:46:14 AM IST Looks like I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Live Upgrade Issue

Hi Guys, having an issue with running Live Upgrade on a t5240 runiing Solaris 10 5/08. The system has the required patches 121430, and Live upgrade was updated from the install media sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso The following boot environments were created solenv1 and solenv2 with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace Date format issue

Hi, I have the below data in a file in one of the path, 101 02100002111406893401207310900A094101xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5200xxxxxxxxxx D18000_1 CCDXXXXXXX JUL 31201207 1140689340000001 622113010547999999999003 000333333334RE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramyajiguru1
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Date format help please

I have list of dates in a file. Am reading each line and trying to format date, Can you please help me ? Sample file content: 02/22/16 USA is great country 02/21/16 USA future 02/23/16 who is he I want to read each line from above file and format date as below 2016-02-21 (i.e., using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prince1987
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)