Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to clean memory after command run? Post 302894994 by pludi on Friday 28th of March 2014 08:00:05 AM
Old 03-28-2014
I assume it has to do with this question?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in single command?

Dear Unix Guru, I have several directories as below /home/user/ dir1 dir2 dir3 Each directory has different size. I want to print each directory size (Solaris command du -hs .) Can you please guide me how to achieve this? Thanks Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to clean xml tag

Hi, Can someone help me come up with a generic sed command to clean a tag off its attributes? For eg. Input String - <tag attrib=new>This String</tag> should undergo a sed transformation to get Output String - <tag >This String</tag> This works - echo "<tag attrib=new>This</tag>" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamwha1am
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to clean up file systems

As you will verify, I am a really naive user of AIX 5.1. As such I wonder if you could possibly let me know of a command or procedure I could use to automatically, globally and safely, remove all useless files from my machine. I'm not referring to my own files because I perfectly know which of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Cannot allocate memory" error when run from script

hi in my application there is a line with open(/dev/mydevice,0); it work good when it run manually, but when try to run it within script /////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ./device_test 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 ///////////////////////////////////////// I receive 'Failed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majeed
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

10. AIX

How to use dsadm command to run command on multi lpars?

how to run a command, such as "ls -l core" from one lpar to check multi lpars if core file exist? or what way can do a command on all lpars from one lpar? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)